Stats/Applied Mathematics grad application Profile Evaluation

I am applying for statistics/applied math programs in grad school.

Below are my profiles, can you help me to take a look and comment on my chances of getting in? I welcome suggestions for other schools as well. My plan is to either get into a phd or to getting into a prestigious master's program. My biggest disadvantage is that I graduate with a 4-year degree in 3 years, so I did not take as many courses as others, the courses below are the courses completed by the end of my sophomore year. What are my chances to getting into the most prestigious programs in applied math/statistics (top 5)? I have not taken real analysis II(measure theory), is that gonna be a big program.

I would really appreciate your help, thanks!

Undergrad Institution:
Carleton College (top 10 liberal arts college)

Major(s):Mathematics

Minor(s):None

GPA in Major: 3.91

Overall GPA:3.82

Length of Degree:
I completed a 4 year degree in 3 years.

Position in Class:
Near top

Type of Student:
International student

GRE Scores:

Q:800

V:740

W: Not out yet

Courses: Math:
Probability, Algorithm, Advanced Algorithm, Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra, Advanced Abtract Algebra, Advanced Linear Algebra, Topology, Surfaces

Computer Science:
Data Structure

Economics:
Price Theory, Econometrics

Research Experience:
I have done Markov Chain Monte Carlo simulations on gravitational waves for my physics professor for two year, hopefully we can get something published before application.

Awards/Honors/Recognitions:
Dean's list for Freshmen year. Starr Scholarship holder

Pertinent Activities or Jobs:
Calculus Tutor for one year, Grader for courses like (topology, discrete mathematics, caculus), Mathematica lab assistant.

Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help:

I was ranked 700 in Putnam when I was a freshmen.
Edited by bodaos

Your biggest problem seems to be your lack of statistics classes, most importantly mathematical statistics/statistical inference (a must have course).

I have taken econometrics, it involves linear regression and stats inference, does that count?

Most schools will require a class in mathematical statistics/statistical inference from a math or stat department.

The course should be at the level of this book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0130085073/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0387953825&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CDPFPC262VMJK9HPG83

Edited by kash

• 2 weeks later...

I think you'll be more suitable to applied math, and your background seems nice to apply for top 5~10 in applied math. Since you have not taken any mathematical statistics, you'll find hard to express your interest in statistics. Schools like MIT does not have statistics department but there are researchers who focus on probability/statistics in math department.