Text books - where to get them?

nehs

Ok, guys...after reading the posts here I went and ordered a couple of my books from amazon.com. after that, as i was checking for the other text books, i stumble upon something called an 'internation version'. the price is like 1/3 of what i paid on amazon. i'm thinking of getting the rest of my books from this website(i think it was ebay). so anyone used international versions? what exactly it is?

Thus far, my professors really try to be considerate of costs and only assign one or no books per class.

As I got into my upper years my profs got a lot nicer about doing this as well, or scanning assignment questions from the book so it was optional.

Do you folks know what books you're using by checking out a course website or the school's bookstore, or do you e-mail the prof? I only know the book (and ordered yesterday, thanks to you reminding me, from half.com) for one of the four courses I'm taking.

I usually go on the university bookstore's website a few weeks before classes start, find out what books the profs have ordered, and then buy them from Amazon or half.com. That way, the books have usually all arrived by the time the semester starts.

Ok, guys...after reading the posts here I went and ordered a couple of my books from amazon.com. after that, as i was checking for the other text books, i stumble upon something called an 'internation version'. the price is like 1/3 of what i paid on amazon. i'm thinking of getting the rest of my books from this website(i think it was ebay). so anyone used international versions? what exactly it is?

I used the "international version" for my organic chemistry class in undergrad. The only difference I noticed was it was softcover instead of hardcover. All of the text and end of chapter questions were identical to the "US version." Here's a site that explains a bit about what these versions are all about: http://www.textbooksrus.com/books/information/ieinformation.aspx. Good luck!