Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

This can be expected from you CafeAuLait, and unfortunately, I don't have a good reply. But seriously, where's the commitment to your home state?

I still love my Memphis Tigers basketball. I just like the state that paid for my undergraduate education a little more. :)

I forgot to says thanks guys, I am not a native speaker and this process is extremely hard for us and this forum and your help is like a "light in the shadow" (i dont know if that expression has a meaning in english but I am so happy that doesnt matter)

i m still pretty much in the shadow... i haven t been accepted nor rejected yet and the only school that has started notifying among those to which i applied is duke... i m desperately waitnig for stanford (at least...)

Does anyone know if Duke is done sending out decisions? I've seen a few up over the last 2 days, but I thought that they usually send out rejections the next day?

Help?

If you can't tell, I'm an absolute nervous wreck.

Decisions didn't start popping up til late afternoon yesterday. Maybe the same happens today?

Decisions didn't start popping up til late afternoon yesterday. Maybe the same happens today?

Hopefully? I'm just the least patient person ever to walk the earth.

{True confession: I learned Javascript and PHP just to pass the time while I was waiting for decisions. So sad...}

I worked in the Admissions office of my School last year, and those that called in multiple times earned the reputation of "that applicant." It proves a point of annoyance/hilarity for the Admissions staff -- nothing more, nothing less. I highly doubt one would jeopardize their place at the school. Then again, my paranoia levels are so high right now, that I don't think I'll be calling just on the off chance my potential supervisor happens to be walking through the Admissions Office. Ah, the self-loathing of this entire process!

Meaning they won't tell you?

That, and

those that called in multiple times earned the reputation of "that applicant." It proves a point of annoyance/hilarity for the Admissions staff -- nothing more, nothing less.

Your calling all the time does nothing to hurt your chances of being admitted, but it doesn't help at all. And in my experience, it makes you even more anxious.

By the way, re: the earlier talk about a slow thread this year... we're almost at 500 posts in this thread. Last year, we didn't hit that mark until 09 February at 03:51 PM, incidentally from a post by yours truly. Seems things have picked up considerably this year.

Edited by balderdash

Your calling all the time does nothing to hurt your chances of being admitted, but it doesn't help at all. And in my experience, it makes you even more anxious.

I would agree with that. That said, I called Pittsburgh. According to the school, admissions decisions will not be mailed for a couple of weeks. This clearly contradicts the posted acceptance on the results page, but I thought that I would pass along the info anyway. Maybe they are admitting students in waves?

i m still pretty much in the shadow... i haven t been accepted nor rejected yet and the only school that has started notifying among those to which i applied is duke... i m desperately waitnig for stanford (at least...)

I'm in the same boat, bauhaus....just want it all to get started. Hope Stanford is today, even if I don't get in.

I would agree with that. That said, I called Pittsburgh. According to the school, admissions decisions will not be mailed for a couple of weeks. This clearly contradicts the posted acceptance on the results page, but I thought that I would pass along the info anyway. Maybe they are admitting students in waves?

I was told something similar when I contacted them to check if all my admission materials were in. The DGS there said admission decisions may be sent out later than normal because of program restructuring. Who knows, hopefully we'll be hearing something soon.