Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

BMW M5 series all the way. Also, I'm predicting/hoping Ohio State will start trickling out whatever remaining acceptances they have to offer (if they have any), as well as waitlists/rejections by the end of the week. Really would like to hear back from Minnesota, but I think we'll probably have another two weeks before we hear anything from their end.

BMW M5 series all the way. Also, I'm predicting/hoping Ohio State will start trickling out whatever remaining acceptances they have to offer (if they have any), as well as waitlists/rejections by the end of the week. Really would like to hear back from Minnesota, but I think we'll probably have another two weeks before we hear anything from their end.

Definitely loving the BMW M5, it is one fantastic car.

I hope to hear back from Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Illinois, Maryland, and finally Washington-Seattle (However, I think this will be later this month).

Wow,

just got into MIT

Congrats!

My guesses for next week: Stanford's done, HYP will contact people, with Harvard and Princeton contacting people a little closer to the end of the week (Thursday or Friday).

Alright in order to lighten up the mood around here I pose a question. What luxury car will you buy once you become a professor. For me it is a toss-up between a Jaguar and a BMW. Anyone else want to chime in?

Oh. Good prompt. I would love to roll up to my department in a retro Zil - something like this.zil_111d_1.jpg

Wow,

just got into MIT

Congrats, bauhaus. That is tremendous news!

On a different note, I think that someone asked about NU admissions. I called the office on Friday (Yes, I am persistent - probably too much; I know this) and the graduate secretary said that decisions should be finished by the end of the week.

On a different note, I think that someone asked about NU admissions. I called the office on Friday (Yes, I am persistent - probably too much; I know this) and the graduate secretary said that decisions should be finished by the end of the week.

Thank you for finding that out.

I think OSU and Stanford are done. For the next week my guesses are Rochester, Princeton, Minnesota and the rest of Maryland, UVA, Northwestern and Yale. Although I don't think Harvard will notify next week, if they do, they will do so on Friday.

Congrats Kolja!! You have some great options to choose from. If I had to guess though, I would say you won't go to ND next September but will enroll at one of the schools you did not yet hear from.

iwouldpreferanonymity - thanks buddy

RWBG - Great topic (profiles, results, sop 2012) and great advice, so thanks on behalf of the future applicants for starting it. I wanted to share this here in order not to disrupt the flow in there. I will surely contribute at the end of the cycle

Hoping Princeton is this week... and praying for an offer. If Yale and Stanford are done and Princeton gives me a "no," I'll be staring at a very difficult choice with respect to Madison. Take an offer and hope to live on ~$14k a year, or wait yet another year and hope for better funding?

I'm sure I'm not the only person in the same position... thoughts?