PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else who's been accepted to UW had their status change to the "congratulations, the graduate school has confirmed your admission"? I am waiting patiently!

This has happened to me.

Yes, at Madison, I am fully admitted by the Graduate School.

Hmm... Mine still says the grad school is reviewing my file. Weird that I was the first here to hear back from the department (I think) but taking longer for the grad school to confirm. Oh well, I can't really imagine anything in my file that might cause concern at the grad school level.

I'm going to call some of the departments I applied to in a few hours. Brown, Johns Hopkins, Claremont Graduate, Rice maybe. I am curious to know if they are reducing funding and/or intake this year. Will let you guys know what they say.

Maybe someone has already called up them up and know the details? If so, share them please?

A fine idea! While you're at it, try to find out what their decision-making timetable is, to boot. :)

Hmm... Mine still says the grad school is reviewing my file. Weird that I was the first here to hear back from the department (I think) but taking longer for the grad school to confirm. Oh well, I can't really imagine anything in my file that might cause concern at the grad school level.

Well now, this recommends itself; mine says the same.

Another frustrating Monday monring/afternoon for me. I wish I could get one news that's refreshing! This waiting game clearly sucks!

I don't know that you are necessarily rejected by UVA ... maybe she got overwhelmed with e-mails and decided to stop disclosing decisions.

I don't know that you are necessarily rejected by UVA ... maybe she got overwhelmed with e-mails and decided to stop disclosing decisions.

Thanks for the encouragement. But, I think it is better to be a bit more realistic as well.