PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The calm before the storm? :wink:

If things don't speed up soon, it will seriously be a storm. I really don't want to hear back from 9 schools on the same day, but I'm guessing this is going to be my fate...

Howdy, decided to come out of the woodwork here. Been poking around for a while but have never posted.

My area is comparative/Middle East.

-3.8 from Ivy/Int. Relations and Econ double major/760Q/710V/5.5W

-Various honors including award for senior thesis.

-Study abroad for 6 months in South America, research abroad for a year in Turkey - won several grants.

-Speak several languages fluently, including Turkish. Unfortunately, I've only taken a few months worth of Arabic but I love languages and am planning to continue study as soon as possible.

-2 years of work experience as an economic research analyst at a well-respected institution. Lots of fairly minor publications, one academic publication.

-Should have solid letters (I hope).

Waiting...

Accepted: ??

Rejected: Yale

Howdy, decided to come out of the woodwork here. Been poking around for a while but have never posted.

My area is comparative/Middle East.

-3.8 from Ivy/Int. Relations and Econ double major/760Q/710V/5.5W

-Various honors including award for senior thesis.

-Study abroad for 6 months in South America, research abroad for a year in Turkey - won several grants.

-Speak several languages fluently, including Turkish. Unfortunately, I've only taken a few months worth of Arabic but I love languages and am planning to continue study as soon as possible.

-2 years of work experience as an economic research analyst at a well-respected institution. Lots of fairly minor publications, one academic publication.

-Should have solid letters (I hope).

Waiting...

Accepted: ??

Rejected: Yale

Wow very impressive... i'm surprised Yale rejected you.. makes me a bit worry about my fate.. when did they reject you?

We are so much more neurotic than last year's group.

Those of you that live in driving distance should come to see my band play next Tuesday night. This means you, mormegil! :wink:

Sure thing. Pay me the return plane tickets from India to Detroit please? :P

Someone got into SUNY Buffalo! Congrats and mind sharing some detail with the rest of us?

That was me. I received an e-mail this morning from the graduate director stating that they had accepted me, and will be sending information regarding any financial offers via postal mail. Buffalo was my safety school, but it still feels good to get admitted into the program.

That was me. I received an e-mail this morning from the graduate director stating that they had accepted me, and will be sending information regarding any financial offers via postal mail. Buffalo was my safety school, but it still feels good to get admitted into the program.

Congrats BruBru! I sure hope my safety schools contact me in the near future.