PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be an inordinate amount of good news floating around this board for the last 24 hours. I'll try not to take it personally and say instead - congratulations, everyone!

Am I the only Brandeis applicant on here? I'm pretty sure they should be notifying this week. If there's anyone else hiding, let me know, I'm thinking of giving them a call...

There seems to be an inordinate amount of good news floating around this board for the last 24 hours. I'll try not to take it personally and say instead - congratulations, everyone!

Am I the only Brandeis applicant on here? I'm pretty sure they should be notifying this week. If there's anyone else hiding, let me know, I'm thinking of giving them a call...

I applied to Brandeis as well and haven't heard back from them either. Let me know if you find out any further information.

Ladies and Gentlemen: I give you, the absurdity of the notifications process. Not only did Yale tease me heartlessly by waiting nearly a week to tell me after they told everyone else, but it was a REJECTION! Ha! Twisting the dagger after impaling me? Probably.

Oh well, after the Berkeley acceptance yesterday I'm not too torn up about it.

Oh yale... you so crazy.

Ladies and Gentlemen: I give you, the absurdity of the notifications process. Not only did Yale tease me heartlessly by waiting nearly a week to tell me after they told everyone else, but it was a REJECTION! Ha! Twisting the dagger after impaling me? Probably.

Oh well, after the Berkeley acceptance yesterday I'm not too torn up about it.

Oh yale... you so crazy.

Funk dat.

I still predict happy things for you clowns today.

EDIT: In my department, "clowns" is not meant to be pejorative but rather endearing. Don't be wishing any shark attacks on me, if you please! And good luck, of course.

Broke down and called the Poli Sci Dep't at UGA. Was very nicely told that the Poli Sci Dep't recommended me for admission, though the grad school has final say. Official letter is due to be sent out at some point, funding decisions to be made in March.

I'm counting this as an admission, yes?

Broke down and called the Poli Sci Dep't at UGA. Was very nicely told that the Poli Sci Dep't recommended me for admission, though the grad school has final say. Official letter is due to be sent out at some point, funding decisions to be made in March.

Absolutely, CONGRATS! :)

I should think so!

You're in -- high five.

I applied to Brandeis as well and haven't heard back from them either. Let me know if you find out any further information.

spark25-- care to provide us with a complete list of the schools you applied to ... it seems to be a pretty long list.

It's crazy they made phone calls so early in the morning, if the time some of those were posted (7:45am?) was soon after they called. Maybe they're calling East Coasters first...

Maybe somebody came in to work extra early this morning because there are so many acceptance calls to make!

A guy can dream.

Maybe somebody came in to work extra early this morning because there are so many acceptance calls to make!

Yeah, I thought something along those lines, too. Like maybe they came in and said, "Woah, this is a long list of acceptances. Well, better get started on making these calls early!"

:roll: