Revised GRE PowerPrepp

George2248

Hello I just took the POWERPREP practice test for the new GRE and I was wondering if there is a chance to get a different practice test from the PP or there is only one sample test to practice?

I have also tried the 4 Princeton Practice Test (which contained several type mistakes) and I have 1 KAPLAN free practice test. Are there any other reliable practices tests? free or paid?

Thanks for your time...

Hi George,

The new GRE Powerprep software only includes one test, so you'll have to seek out other practice tests online. My company offers one free test here: http://www.manhattan...w.cfm?ItemID=88

I hope that is helpful!

Best Regards,

Taylor

Thanks for the help...

What can you tell me about the 30 dollar 5 exams packages? is it worth it? i have the 4 princeton practices test and many of them have some errors that really affect my scores....

How similar to the actual test are they? if anyone have used this practices test can give me some advice in weather to buy them?

So, there are 4 Princeton practice tests? Is that correct? Are they all free? I have only been able to access one (but maybe I haven't explored the website properly).

As for Manhattan, I have tried the free test, and I found it pretty helpful (I found it a bit harder than the Kaplan test, so it was good practice for me). I am definitely considering buying the 5 test package.

I have access to 4 princeton test but I think that is because I registered my account with a code from the book I bought. I would not recommend to buy them because they have multiple typing mistakes that can really affect your scores. Also they are in the new scores range which I do not think would be accurate before ETS publishes the scaled scores on November.

Any other suggestions? I think I will buy the Manhatan test tomorrow then...

Yeah, I think I will probably buy the Manhattan tests as well.

But, I would recommend that you do the free test before you buy it, just so you have an idea of what it's like. The one thing you should be aware of is that it doesn't give you an experimental section (i.e. it only gives you two verbal and two quantitative sections). So, if you are trying to simulate the exact testing conditions, it won't be exactly the same. But, I still found it useful.

Ok, too bad it does not have the experimental... I just finished my last Princeton test and found 2 typing errors.

How is the Manhatan scores given?

How about the Kaplan test? I found the free one very good, but I dont know if there is a paid package?

How is the Manhatan scores given?

Hi George,

Our scores are given on the old 200-800 scale. Unlike the current real GRE scores, we give a single point score for each section rather than a range. This will help you determine your estimated percentile based on the old scale. We will use this scoring system until the new scale is set this November.

Best Regards,

Taylor

Hi George,

Our scores are given on the old 200-800 scale. Unlike the current real GRE scores, we give a single point score for each section rather than a range. This will help you determine your estimated percentile based on the old scale. We will use this scoring system until the new scale is set this November.

Best Regards,

Taylor

Ok so if I understand you, you dont give the results like the PowerPrepp, instead you give an actual scores. That's nice

Ill try the free sample and maybe I will buy them tomorrow

Thnx for the help

One last thing: Do you know how you are able to get a single score in the old scale because if I remember that even ETS could not do that until they have a large sample to do scales scores and that is why they give ranges of scores. If you know the method that Manhatan uses and how accurate are they going to be after ETS realeses the scales on november?

Hi George,

I cannot go into the specifics of our scoring algorithm, but in terms of accuracy we are confident that it matches well to the old scale. That said, the reason for the range given by ETS is that they are going to be recalculating the percentiles, and that is something that MGRE cannot account for at this time. We are giving a score on the old scale to the best of our ability so that you know what percentile you would have been at in the old range. We cannot anticipate the new percentiles that will be laid out in November, but we hope our tests provide a good measure of your current ability. I hope this answers your question.

Best,

Taylor