GRE scores, reaching a ceiling?

George2248

Hello everyone I am now into my 4rth week preparing for the GRE and I still have 3 more weeks left.

I used the Princeton Review Craking the GRE, Baroons Vocab and Kplans free practice drills.

I have taken about 6 practices tests from different companies and I have noticed that after 2 weeks of study my last 3 scores are about the same (600 - 650 for verbal and 710-750 for quant)

I am afraid that probably I have reached my ceiling and there is nothing else I could do to improve my scores.

I am aiming for a score better than 750 in math so I still need to improve some more there.

I was wondering if any of you experienced this same learning curve and what can I do to take advantage of the 3 weeks I have to keep studying?

What are the best strategies to study for a top math scores? any techniques or advice?

Thank for your help....

• 2 weeks later...

That depends - are you scoring low because you are missing questions, or running out of time, or missing an early question and getting low-tracked?

If you are missing questions, then I would DL ETS's math review packet and make sure you can do all the problem types: www.ets.org/Media/Tests/GRE/pdf/GREmathPractice.pdf

If you're running out of time, then I would practice math questions in an untimed setting, to get faster at doing them without the pressure. Pay attention to any differences in how long you spend on certain question types, or how often you second-guess yourself.

Hope that helps! (I got a 740 my first time doing basically the same thing!)

The main problem is I can do must of the questions of the first set.....

Then when the 2nd adapted section appear I get many high level questions and I am not used to those level questions, because many guides and practice drills are like the first set of questions.

I need to find a guide for hard level questions....