Hard Level MATH on GRE

George2248

Hello everyone I am finishing my preparation for the new GRE which I will take next week.

I have reached an average of 740-780 in Math in must practice tests. And I want to keep improving on that.

In order to do that I need High Level Math exercises, like the ones that appear in the Adaptative Practice Test when you score close to 20 in the first section.

Must of the material available for practice is similar to the first section of these tests and therefore are to easy and do not prepare you for the second, harder section.

Many of these harder questions that appear in the second sections of Adaptable Tests are about probabilities, permutations and combinations. Those are the exercises Im looking for but there arent many of them in many prep material.

I dont know if the same thing happened to you but I dont want to settle on scoring around 18 or 20 in the easy practice drills available and then scoring 10 - 15 in the second sections on the adaptative tests.

Any links, books or even more good test like Manhattans that I could buy would be helpful.

Thanks for your time and post your comment if you had a similar experience.

You can find the Nova book online for free (ie illegally), but I can't direct you to that for obvious reasons. Personally, I think that you don't need to worry about math so much. Use the books you have, use the ETS practice book, and take the Powerprep test. In my experience, it is most predictive. If you score in the top range, then you are likely fine.