MPP Blavatnik School of Government

Clay Made

Nobody knows. It was launched on September 2010. The first batch of students will start on 2012. So there's actually no way of telling the program's reputation.

Exactly, and we won't be able to tell what sort of success graduates have on the job market until after 2013, and this is assuming that they publish employment data so soon.

Looking at the curriculum, though, I question the value of a 1-year MPP. Yes, it carries the Oxford name brand, but apart from that, I'm questioning students can develop both the skill set as well as the expertise in a specific policy area expected of MPPs. (I wonder why they didn't just do what LSE did and embrace the American 2-year MPA/MPP model...)

All that considered, I think this would be a great program for those with existing expertise in a policy area through work experience just wanting an MPP to open more career opportunities up to them, but I would advise anyone with limited work experience to steer clear of this program.

Edited by greendiplomat