My father says Master in science has not good much jobs then going in buisness

tejasvi

hello,

I need help.

My father is pressuring me to go in MBA (masters in buisness administration) but clearly my interest lies in my field of Engineering in Electronics. His argument is that MS degree has very low jobs & high competion in comparison to buisness.

so i want to know does MS got very low job prospect ?

money is no motivation for me, i dont want to be CEO i just want a descent salary.

Thankyou.

I have no idea what the market is like in India, but in the US, there are plenty of jobs for people with master's degrees in engineering fields (though some of them, like most government contractor jobs, require you to be a US national). And an MBA is only really useful if it's from a prestigious program or one with a strong alumni network - there are a lot of awful MBA programs out there.

Thanks for reply buddy,

I was thinking of coming to any foriegn nation for my Further Education. I want to go to that nation which has high jobs, cause i dont want to return back home without a job. yes you are right only MBA programme from top 20 colleges matter, but they are awfully Expensive, so i am thinking of MS now.

Do you know job scenarios in US currently for Masters, is it difficult for locals to get job. ?

does recession had impacts on number of jobs in this field

It depends on your professional experience (through things like internships, plus any full-time industry experience that you had before getting your MS), where you got your degree, who you know, and where you are. In my part of the US, there definitely seems to be jobs for people with MSEE degrees.

ok , currently i am working . By the End of 2012 i will have 2 years of experience in electronics industry,

which MS is in most demand or have high job rate.

what is MSEE is it Electrical engineering ?