Classics to Medieval Studies?

Ethersworn

Greetings,

I am currently a Classical Languages undergraduate student at USouth Carolina.

Upon graduation I will have roughly 4 years of Latin, 3 years of German, 2 years of Greek, 2 years of Old English, and 1 year of Old Norse. I will also have some various Medieval era courses. I want to attend a top Medieval Studies graduate program but am worried that having an undergrad degree in Classics rather than Medieval Studies (which my school doesn't have) may set me back. My sophomore undergraduate research is on Proto Indo European\, but my Senior thesis will obviously be on a medieval topic.

Can anyone shed light on whether this will be of detriment to my acceptance chances?

Thanks,

Can anyone shed light on whether this will be of detriment to my acceptance chances?

Fields of study like Patristics or ‘Late Antiquity’ that straddle the traditional line between Classics and Medieval Studies have blurred that line substantially. I imagine you will have no problems whatever.