How much is applying going to cost you this fall?

Kitkat

For MBA applications, the cost is 250 each for the top ten schools; factor in costs for transportation if you are invited to interview.

My total costs amounts to

670 app fees

160 GRE

69 GRE score reports

67 transportation to interview

966 Total

How do i factor in costs associated with stress? I've been drinking and eating a little more to deal with my anxiety.

I think I will start counting that as a special new group. Since new and continuing grad students also go through a similar situation.

Well, I am happy to say that my total cost for this application cycle was $0. I only applied to one program and my application fee was paid for by the department. All costs associated with my travel to the attend an on-campus interview were also covered by the program. I will have to pay $8.00 to have official transcripts sent to the University's Graduate Admissions Office once (or if) I receive an acceptance.

3 schools:

$185 for application fees (mostly Berkeley)

$300 for GRE and subject test

$6 for transcripts from a single transfer course (my main institution transcripts were free!)

Total $491

All of my visit costs were covered by the department, which was very nice.

I could have not applied to Berkeley, but there was a lab I really liked so I figured I'd take a shot. My application is probably off floating in a California breeze, oh well. I'm happy overall.