Timing of phone calls for interviews

t_ruth

So...someone heard from Duke for Developmental Psych (are you reading this?). I applied for that program too... :(

Do the schools usually make all their interview calls at the same time? Same day? Should I take it as a bad sign if I don't hear anything today?

I was the one who heard from Duke. I wouldn't take it as a bad sign that you haven't heard yet... I was called by a prof. with whom I had spoken a couple of times. This prof. said that the final invites were going out during the remainder of this week, so I'd imagine you have at LEAST 2 more days to hear about this interview, and who knows if they're doing multiple interviews this time around (it happens....) or admits w/o interviews (also happens, though rarely...). They do a phone call first and then later the grad school will be sending out e-mails to all the invites. Anyway, the interview weekend is the 29th of Jan through the 1st of Feb. Seriously, don't sweat it.

Goooooood great luck!

Thanks for posting! If they are doing calls first, then probably today and tomorrow is it...

I'm going to expect the worst and hope for the best, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Sounds like you had a good connection w/one of the professors there, which is always a good thing. Congrats on the interview!

Thanks for posting! If they are doing calls first, then probably today and tomorrow is it...

I'm going to expect the worst and hope for the best, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Sounds like you had a good connection w/one of the professors there, which is always a good thing. Congrats on the interview!

Oh wow. How nerve-wracking! Fingers crossed for you.

yep, pretty much sucks to be me. Can't get my mind on anything else today.

I sympathize.

I had a dream just before I woke up this morning - so realistic - where I went online and had an email waiting from one of my schools. It felt so real. It seemed plausible too. Wasn't from Top Choice U, but a school from which I might very well get an email like that in the near future. It was like hey, we were really impressed with your application, particularly your writing sample, and we'd like to offer you a place. Funding information to follow.

When I woke up, I rushed to check my mail. Sadly, my dream was not a demonstration of any sort of psychic ability. Now I'm all worked up for the day. I can't quite shake that dream or the anxiety that went with it.

I hope it works out for you.