PhD Public Health (epidemiology)

ec86

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have no status on my JHU application. I have a feeling this week should yield some news one way or another though!

Mine also has that same completed in November 2008, gone to committee message. I figure I will hear something before mid-March. Man 20 days suddenly seems like a long time.

Mine also has that same completed in November 2008, gone to committee message. I figure I will hear something before mid-March. Man 20 days suddenly seems like a long time.

I don't think there have been acceptances on the board yet....? I reckon it's all postive for you guys - worst case would be waitlist.

I don't think there have been acceptances on the board yet....? I reckon it's all postive for you guys - worst case would be waitlist.

Left work 3 hours early to come home and check mailbox. Well that and I was just browsing the forums at work anyway :P Nothing except for a chinese food menu so there is still some hope :)

I rushed home to check my mail box yesterday too, but still nothing from JHU :( Maybe today? I just hope I'm not like the person last year who didn't hear and didn't hear and finally gave up and called only to be rejected over the phone. That would really suck.

I rushed home to check my mail box yesterday too, but still nothing from JHU :( Maybe today? I just hope I'm not like the person last year who didn't hear and didn't hear and finally gave up and called only to be rejected over the phone. That would really suck.

I know the waiting is agony (I'm still waiting to hear from 3 out of the 7 programs to which I applied), but try to relax. :wink: I just remind myself it's still February. Tons of decisions don't go out until March or even early April.

Anyone here apply to Yale's Chronic Disease Epidemiology program? I'm getting antsy waiting to hear back from em. BTW, is it common for everyone to get that "Deadline has Passed" message on their online app?

I applied for health policy at Yale. And I freak out evertime I see the "deadline has passed" message - glad I'm not the only one!

Has anyone heard from Harvard DSc for Epi? Or are they just really taking their time? That was the first school I applied to .. still waiting..

I applied for Harvard's SD in Global Health ... haven't heard anything either!

The admissions office told me that they are sending decisions out now till end of March!

I applied for health policy at Yale. And I freak out evertime I see the "deadline has passed" message - glad I'm not the only one!

I also applied to the chronic disease epi program. And yes, that message is normal. I'm not feeling very confident about my chances. At this point, I'll take the rejection just to know for sure where I stand!

I don't know if its the person who posted the *accepted* to the HSPH SD program on this site, but I've talked to someone who was accepted. I originally applied to the SD program but they transferred me into the SM program...that's what I get for being an undergrad with lofty goals, I do have relevant research experience in clinical epi in my defense : )

• 2 weeks later...

I might be a bringer of bad news.

Interview day at Yale was 2/23/09. I was recently accepted on 3/11/09. I confirmed my decision to attend on 3/17/09.

My status at other schools:

Accepted: Arizona, Illinois-Chicago, Oklahoma, Yale

Rejected: Harvard, Hopkins, Michigan, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, UC-Berkeley, UCLA

Still Waiting: Colorado (interviewed), Drexel, Maryland, Saint Louis, San Diego State

Not the bringer of bad news at all; I got my rejection from Yale near the start of the month.

I wish Columbia would get around to it - it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, I guess, since I can infer rejection from their silence. But I do like to have all my loose ends tied up.

Has anyone heard from Columbia PhD programs yet? I emailed them a week ago asking when decisions will be made and they said within 2 weeks. I guess we'll hear next week.

Assuming, of course, thhat they tell us straight away...