Poll: If I get in to my top choice...

Joel418

If I am accepted to my top choice (with funding as needed), the very first thing I will do is...  

121 members have voted

1. 1. If I am accepted to my top choice (with funding as needed), the very first thing I will do is...

• Scream
    • Cry
    • Celebratory dance
    • Celebrate with friends and family
    • Celebrate with large quantities of alcohol
    • Give thanks and offer sacrifices to the grad-school application gods
    • Do??? I'm assuming that I won't be able to function as a result of the shock!

I am not sure what my top choice is, so I would react the same way to pretty much any admission with funding:

1) Call my mother, and possibly father even if it's the middle of the work day

2) Celebrate with friends AND large quantities of alcohol

3) Immediately make a list of all the reasons I can think of NOT to go there and make an appointment to talk to someone from the program about all of the reasons that are in the program's control (this comes from not having a top choice - some places have better locations, some have better funding, some have better research matches, etc.).

[Edit]

I'm actually assuming I will combine at least 4 of these.

Scream - YES

Celebrate with friends and family - YES

Cry - Possibility

Celebrate with large quantities - More likely than not

Celebratory Dance - YES

Perhaps I will have some sort of ritual sacrifice - just for good measure.

Mine is not on here.

If I get into my top choice, I have permission to break the family budget and buy three pints of Haagen Dazs ice cream.

The, I will buy a hat, shirt, sweatshirt, car bumper sticker, scarf, mug, etc... with the school's name, just to make sure everyone knows I got in. :lol:

I'll either pass out and/or run up and down the halls of my apartment building screaming for joy (and then have to get let back into my apartment because I'm sure I'll have forgotten my keys in the process). Then call my parents, even if they're at work. And if it's during the day I'd probably go barrelling across campus to tell all my professors and the folks in student affairs and anyone else I run into. Then I'll probably be exhausted and pass out again, but a celebratory dinner at some point would of course be in order. :-D