If I'm a triple major applying to another field, what should I list as major GPA?

InquilineKea

When the form doesn't allow me to list the GPAs for all three majors.

I'm an astronomy+physics+math major. My astronomy GPA is the highest by far, and math GPA is the lowest (I actually regret doing it, but I only switched once I was close to finishing the requirements, so I did it anyways). But the astronomy major is really just a physics major + a handful of astronomy courses.

Edited by InquilineKea

I assume the form is asking for your major GPA?

When you graduate, will you receive multiple complete degrees, or are these "partial" majors?

Edited by Eigen

You've mentioned before in another thread that you were looking at astrobio as the field you wanted to go into right? So I would say this, put your astro GPA down. You've already said that your math major is weak. And you've pointed out that the astro major is really just a physics + some extra classes, so really it covers both. Since the total highest is the astro anyway, go with it. If you feel like covering the rest you can explain it in your SoP. But I think that they will also see the three majors on your transcript anyway, so where you have to enter it is really just there to highlight the best one.

• 4 weeks later...

I would choose the most advantageous major! BTW, anyone who can get a good astronomy + physics GPA is probably a good student, so whether or not it's the program you're applying to, it would be good to put that down.