Columbia online application?

Karajan

It let me register an account, but still says it won't open until "early fall". I've been checking it obsessively every day so I can get my application started. I don't know if the department/college/division effects it, but I'm doing Art History.

It let me register an account, but still says it won't open until "early fall". I've been checking it obsessively every day so I can get my application started. I don't know if the department/college/division effects it, but I'm doing Art History.

Same. I wonder if that means we've registered accounts for the previous cycle, and will have to create new accounts when the application is available.

@Safferz - Huh, that's a thought. We might have to. AT least it isn't hard to make a new account (easiest part of a the application process?)

Has anyone emailed them about it? Hate to admit it, but I'm secretly afraid to email and pester them (Please like me Columbia! Pleeeease like me!) That being said, it might be a faster way to find out about it haha.

I'm applying there too, and I sent an email to tech support a couple weeks ago about there being no application to begin, and this is the response I received:

"Thank you for your message.

The online application is currently being updated and the institution has made the site unavailable at this time. You may check the page periodically for a status.

For more information regarding this matter, please visit the institution’s website for their contact information. On some applications, you can click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page to contact the institution.

Again, thank you for contacting Technical Support.

Regards,

Hobsons Technical Support"

....so hopefully it will be up soon. I might email the university directly if it isn't.