Seems like the only mail I'll be getting today (in Montreal) is a mailing from my local MP. Great.

Damn you, Irwin Cotler!

CRAP... that is near where my parents live...

My letter says there were 1912 applications, and 955 awards given.

That seems lower than previous years doesn't it? That number is consistent with another post. I wonder then why someone else got a letter that said 1907 applications were adjudicated and 1085 awards offered.

That seems lower than previous years doesn't it? That number is consistent with another post. I wonder then why someone else got a letter that said 1907 applications were adjudicated and 1085 awards offered.

Those are the exact numbers from last year (1907 A-list applicants, 1085 offers). Seems like this year is 1912/955.

Budget cuts. :(

Rejected. Didn't even get on the waiting list this year, even though the "score" they gave me was significantly higher than the one I got last year (when I did get on the waiting list). I'm in the final year of my PhD program, so this was the last chance for me. It's really disappointing, but such is life in academia. For those who are wondering, I'm in Ontario. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Rejected. Didn't even get on the waiting list this year, even though the "score" they gave me was significantly higher than the one I got last year (when I did get on the waiting list). I'm in the final year of my PhD program, so this was the last chance for me. It's really disappointing, but such is life in academia. For those who are wondering, I'm in Ontario. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

I'm sorry to hear that, Andsowego. What program are you in?

I am so sorry.

I'm sorry. It's so weird with the higher score, maybe it's the budget cuts. They don't realize how much these cuts can change the life of a phd student.

I didnt get it either :(

And I got a pretty bad grade actually. To the point where I wonder why my school even considered my application at all...

Oh well, can't say I'm not disappointed though...

This is breaking my heart! I'm so sorry. You wouldn't have gotten forwarded though if you weren't competitive -- sounds like it was an usually competitive year with even fewer awards than usual. I'm sure when I get my letter tomorrow I'll be drowning my sorrows as well. :(

These rejections are really disheartening. I'm sorry Andsowego and Ducon :(

For anyone wondering, it seems like the online database hasn't been populated as of yet. My very helpful external scholarships co-ordinator checked, and found nothing. She hadn't even heard that the letters were mailed.

The waiting continues. Good luck to all.