North Carolina - Chapel Hill

meridionale

Is anyone going there? I'm 99% sure that is where I'll be, but I am still waiting for the financial offer.

Hi, I'm waiting for the final decision, but I heard unofficially that I should be accepted. I have been accepted into Bloomington physics graduate program, so I'm undecided where I'll go. Besides I'm waiting for four responses in California, one in Boston and one in Texas.

I'm italian and, because of your nickname, I think that you are related to Italy in some way, aren't you?

Good luck

R

Hi, I'm waiting for the final decision, but I heard unofficially that I should be accepted. I have been accepted into Bloomington physics graduate program, so I'm undecided where I'll go. Besides I'm waiting for four responses in California, one in Boston and one in Texas.

I'm italian and, because of your nickname, I think that you are related to Italy in some way, aren't you?

Good luck

R

I'm not italian (ancestors are dutch and scottish), but I love the language. When I was getting a new screen name a year ago, I was trying to think of something a little creative since everything else was taken. I looked up "southern" in italian, and thus here I am...meridionale. I don't know if it is southern in terms of direction or location though.

Are you an Italian-American or actually from Italy?

I'm not italian (ancestors are dutch and scottish), but I love the language. When I was getting a new screen name a year ago, I was trying to think of something a little creative since everything else was taken. I looked up "southern" in italian, and thus here I am...meridionale. I don't know if it is southern in terms of direction or location though.

Are you an Italian-American or actually from Italy?

I'm italian, from Rome. About your nick, "meridionale" is an adjective, so it means "something or somebody that is southern".

And what about "barista"? It looks like an italian word too...

Bye

R A

P.S.

At which program have you applied?

Well, barista is italian, but it is also a term used for people who make expresso drinks at coffee shops here as well.

I'm applying for public administration.

I didn't know that you use this noun...

I work as a barman and barista in a cafe restourant in Rome, so I'm very curious to taste an american expresso made by an american barista!

I love the "espresso" in my own city!!!

Bye

R A

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iriska

I just stumbled upon this website today and already found so much useful info.

I will be starting an Organizational Behavior program in Kenan-Flagler Business School in UNC. Anyone else out there in the business school?

• 2 weeks later...
Yay Carolina!!! I finally made my decision (oh my lord the stress!!!!) and accepted yesterday. And I already found an apartment thanks to recommendations in the city guide section!

That's fantastic! We'll have to meet for lunch this summer. I went up again last week to meet potential roommates and find a place to live, and I had good luck. The guy I am living with is in the public health grad school. I'm so excited! Here's hoping I get lucky in the parking lottery though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest waiting234

me! I'll be starting a phd in religious studies (islamic stuff). i'm going down to find housing on monday....i'm feeling a little overwhelmed but i'm sure i'll find something nice :-)

me! I'll be starting a phd in religious studies (islamic stuff). i'm going down to find housing on monday....i'm feeling a little overwhelmed but i'm sure i'll find something nice :-)

Be sure to ask apartments for specials!!

Guest waiting234

yeah, i'm really hoping to find a townhouse or something instead of staying in one of the complexes...but the complexes are so cheap, so we'll see :-) have you signed a lease? what places did you look at? thanks!

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use