NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

:)))) guess this is NSERC's way of generating a friendly environment between grad students :D. I wonder how long will it take for them to send the letters since the budget is already announced. They have us all ranked so its just a matter of printing letters.

Do you think that the graduate students offices have the results by now ?

Do you think that the graduate students offices have the results by now ?

Just went to see our graduate student office. They have not heard anything from NSERC, nor do they know when the results will be released.

I was so happy to see responses in French and English in this forum. I don't think that it is rude at all!!! As you said, vivaldi, both are official. I love that about Canada :) I hope to be bilingual (or at least close) one day. My bf grew up in NB so he is bilingual and I am so jealous of that. I can understand your posts, but I'm not confident enough to reply back :)

I'm happy to see posts in both OFFICIAL languages. How is it fair to always expect french speaking Canadians to write/speak in english when dealing with english speaking Canadians, and basically never have english speaking Canadians outside Quebec or Ontario (or small pockets in other provinces) write/speak in French? It is my problem I'm not confident in my french, but I am super tired of expecting french speaking Canadians to speak english for my benefit, it is embarrassing!

No harm in asking, I bet they will have them by 4PM

They're only announcing the budget at 4PM ET, so they'll probably only find out tomorrow.

The only thing is McGill never informs applicants of their awards. I have won NSERC two times and I got informed by mail all the time.

That's good to know, one less thing to stress about!

Just called Polytechnique Office. Don't know anything about NSERC. But they told me that they will have the results at the same with tha applicants, even before (due to Poste Canada delays)

I'm happy to see posts in both OFFICIAL languages. How is it fair to always expect french speaking Canadians to write/speak in english when dealing with english speaking Canadians, and basically never have english speaking Canadians outside Quebec or Ontario (or small pockets in other provinces) write/speak in French? It is my problem I'm not confident in my french, but I am super tired of expecting french speaking Canadians to speak english for my benefit, it is embarrassing!

I definitely agree with this !

Just called Polytechnique Office. Don't know anything about NSERC. But they told me that they will have the results at the same with tha applicants, even before (due to Poste Canada delays)

I believe the departments will have the results by tomorrow, or at most, next monday.

Its sooo crazy!... I have been soo unproductive since last many dayz... :(

Well, glad I'm not alone I guess! I really am looking forward to the waiting being over!

Of course not looooool why should they be ranked ? you can be a good researchers and not from a very known university !!! can't you ?

In my lab, there are already 2 NSERC CGS from last year, and one FQRNT, and they're in Concordia which is not the top university in Canada if you compare it with U of T for example !

For Vanier, we can call :

Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program 613-943-0703

to have more information :D

I don't expect me to win it, so it would be a waste to call them :-P