NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

Of course not looooool why should they be ranked ? you can be a good researchers and not from a very known university !!! can't you ?

In my lab, there are already 2 NSERC CGS from last year, and one FQRNT, and they're in Concordia which is not the top university in Canada if you compare it with U of T for example !

I mean ranked between the applicants in each university

So the budget is tabled, what's next down the road? I hope we will hear by tomorrow....

The only way to hear by tomorrow is by your department. For the letters, we have to wait for next week I think.

The only way to hear by tomorrow is by your department. For the letters, we have to wait for next week I think.

Yes, I meant to hear from the department:))

You are right, we have to wait few more days for letters to arrive.

From Researchnet :

Important Dates

Competition 201111CGV

CLOSED Application Deadline 2011-11-09 Anticipated Notice of Decision 2012-04-15 Funding Start Date 2012-05-01

Cool if I get it, I pay you a beer though I don't drink alcohol :-P

Eliasg - at least the ResearchNet start date is well AFTER the date of notification. Doesn't seem to be the case for the normal PDFs (can theoretically start 'em April 1st). At least the Canadian universities presumably know how to handle this - doing a post-doc in the US is going to confuse the heck out of my employer if I can have an Apr 1st start.

Edited by yellowtulip

Eliasg - at least the ResearchNet start date is well AFTER the date of notification. Doesn't seem to be the case for the normal PDFs (can theoretically start 'em April 1st). At least the Canadian universities presumably know how to handle this - doing a post-doc in the US is going to confuse the heck out of my employer if I can have an Apr 1st start.

Sorru I meant First of May not April.

But if you read the PDF award holders guide on NSERC's website, it says the awards can start April 1st. That's what I mean... it makes sense to have a May 1st date (and give plenty of time for notifications). Having an April 1st start doesn't make sense at all since I certainly won't know 'til after April 1st whether or not I got a PDF.

Don Pittis:

R&D money has been shifted from tax breaks to grants.

School or corporate? This makes more sense for corporations than publicly funded organizations.