NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

Do you really think that NSERC had no real idea about the budget ? Do you think they hadn't any leak about it, before today ?

I don't know, but it's kinda hard for me to digest that !

I think NSERC knew the budget beforehand and it has been the case for the last few years, at least. That's why they used to send letters even before the budget was tabled in the previous years. I believe they were just playing safe this year. After all, first budget from a conservative majority govt amidst rumours of huge cuts in the air.

Edited by GradStd

I think NSERC knew the budget beforehand and it has been the case for the last few years, at least. That's why they used to send letters even before the budget was tabled in the previous years. I believe they were just playing safe this year. After all, first budget from a conservative majority govt amidst rumours of huge cuts in the air.

The budget of today is not so bad, especially regarding NSERC. Listening to the new few days ago, we thought that it will be very terrible.

Edited by eliasg

How terrible would it be if we got an email telling us results, due to the budget, will be held back till mid april

little chance, I think.

They have already ranked all applicants. (perhaps not all, the number they think it is possible)

What they should do is just to decide the number of applicants and then send all people final decisions by email or mail.

Edited by faming

The budget of today is not so bad, especially regarding NSERC. Listening to the new few days ago, we thought that it will be very terrible.

I think that was just a ploy - make it seem like severe austerity measures are around the corner so that everyone anticipates it and will feel relieved when you show them the real thing.

I don't know why I check every day either - I'm guessing mid-late next week at the earliest. It isn't like NSERC is rushing off to mail them hours after the budget or today. I'm in Gatineau and my guess is I'll be getting a letter on Wednesday or Thursday (mark my words).

It's supposedly ~4 days for mail to get from Ottawa to Nova Scotia. If this is the case and they send them out today or Monday - I definitively won't get it until after Easter, because there's no mail delivery until the 10th, I think. I wish they'd post it on your profile online! I'm only going slightly insane waiting for the letter to arrive!

lets start bugging grad studies :DD

A friend of mine asked grad studies an hour ago and they said they hadn't heard something and expected the results "in April".

So, after 600+ posts I think we can come to the conclusion that it'll come when it comes, and chances are that day will be in April (like NSERC told us initially). :D

(Why did I check this thread out a month ago!)

A friend of mine asked grad studies an hour ago and they said they hadn't heard something and expected the results "in April".

So, after 600+ posts I think we can come to the conclusion that it'll come when it comes, and chances are that day will be in April (like NSERC told us initially). :D

(Why did I check this thread out a month ago!)

By checking this thread now I know that I will receive the notification letter in April. :D :D :D

Notification of Decision

NSERC notifies applicants whose applications were submitted to NSERC of the results by mail by March 31.

They have to respect this. If they can't send letter before this date, why they do not send the results to the universities.

Notification of Decision

NSERC notifies applicants whose applications were submitted to NSERC of the results by mail by March 31.

They have to respect this. If they can't send letter before this date, why they do not send the results to the universities.

Yes - except before it said the 17th, I do believe - and they changed the date to the 31st of March on like the 16th.

Yes, and no. It has stated the 31st in some locations, but it also has always stated 23 weeks from the application (http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/StudentDeadlines-EtudiantDatelimites_eng.asp) as a notification date for those applying directly to NSERC. Working it out, 23 weeks from October 15th is March 24th.