NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

FYI Just got PGS/CGS results from my dept. grad advisor. YAY, I got a PGS! But I ask this forum...what is the difference between a PGSD3 and a PGSD2?

3 years for PGSD3, 2 years for PGSD2. Where are you located and how'd you get the info? You're the first.

I am waiting for the NSERC PDF result. If successful, I am planning to take it to the US University, at least for the Postdoc period. Does anyone here know about the top-up from the US universities or their supervisors?

It’s good to know that some of us in this forum have already started receiving PGS/CGS or Vanier awards. Congratulations to all those successful candidates and for those who could not make it this year, please hope you can make it to the next year. Please remember that success develop from failures.

No PDF letter has arrived in BC yet.

The top up will depend on your specific supervisor. If they have extra funds/want to give you extra funds they will, but many will not.

FYI Just got PGS/CGS results from my dept. grad advisor. YAY, I got a PGS! But I ask this forum...what is the difference between a PGSD3 and a PGSD2?

PGS-D2 is for two years and PGS-D3 is for three years. I guess you already had PGS in your master. One can get a maximum of total 4 years of PGS award (master+doctoral). Congratulations.

Congrats!! Which university are u from?

The top up will depend on your specific supervisor. If they have extra funds/want to give you extra funds they will, but many will not.

One of the professors in the US had told me (few months ago) that he can top-up upto 2 thousands in the first year and up to 5 thousands in the second year, which is too low. But he was also telling that he has to check it with his adminstrative staff and ask her how much he can top-up to postdocs. Not sure how actually it works. Thanks for the information.

One of the professors in the US had told me (few months ago) that he can top-up upto 2 thousands in the first year and up to 5 thousands in the second year, which is too low. But he was also telling that he has to check it with his adminstrative staff and ask her how much he can top-up to postdocs. Not sure how actually it works. Thanks for the information.

I think you are more likely to get a top up in situations where your supervisor was willing to hire you even without an NSERC PDF. In that case if you are saving them 40-50K they are more likely to give you 10-15K as a top up since they still come out, financially on top.

Thank you for all the support I received through this forum, it got me through the last few nail biting weeks!

I'm sure you are lying. Results have not been released yet. You've only posted 2 message on this forum, and your first one happens to be that you got NSERC.

I'm sure you are lying. Results have not been released yet. You've only posted 2 message on this forum, and your first one happens to be that you got NSERC.

Hey everyone - remember the Alexss guy (whatever his name on here was, I forget exactly) - he responded to my tweet via email today, and said he had in fact been upgraded from a PGS to CGS, like we thought. Just to clear up that old unsolved mystery.

I think you are more likely to get a top up in situations where your supervisor was willing to hire you even without an NSERC PDF. In that case if you are saving them 40-50K they are more likely to give you 10-15K as a top up since they still come out, financially on top.

I was actually expecting a support of something like 10 to 15K atleast on top of my intended NSERC Postdoc research. 2-5 K top-up is not very encouraging. Thanks for the information.

Not lying, and I take slight offense to your comment. I have been a guest on the forum for a month and watched the ups and downs of all the posts. The grad advisor told me that I had been offered a PGSD3 - that is all the information she had and that it had an 'O' beside it for offered. I am sorry I cannot be more specific, and I hope that you all receive your awards as well.

Not lying, and I take slight offense to your comment. I have been a guest on the forum for a month and watched the ups and downs of all the posts. The grad advisor told me that I had been offered a PGSD3 - that is all the information she had and that it had an 'O' beside it for offered. I am sorry I cannot be more specific, and I hope that you all receive your awards as well.

Congratulations!

Even elias said that the university has the results... I think, some university are starting to announce the result to the applicant

Congrats, Pacific! Come on, tell us your school!

I was under the impression that departments/universities receive no information from NSERC about PDF results, unlike PGS/CGS. But I might be wrong.

At one point, I was going to send an email but then decided not to send it anyway. Not really sure if they can actually pass onto this information to us or not?

At one point, I was going to send an email but then decided not to send it anyway. Not really sure if they can actually pass onto this information to us or not?

Guys it is official. PGS/CGS are released and PAcific is not lying guys.

Put pressure on your grad deparments and let them send the fucking results.

Congratulations Pacific for yout PGS !

Edited by eliasg

Guys it is official. PGS/CGS are released and PAcific is not lying guys.

Put pressure on your grad deparments and let them the fucking results.

At 5:04 pm we are toast today in the east! Tomorrow?