NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

How long did you have to wait to get the feedback? I emailed ~7 days ago and nothing yet.

I think you have decent chances ranked in #3! :)

I think it will take more than a week to get the feedback since they r very busy lately..I

Just checking if any successful applicants holding their PDFs outside of Canada have seen any signs of funds yet? I put Apr 1st as a start date, but haven't yet received anything. Although the PDF is certainly appreciated, I wish NSERC realized how difficult they made it for us. With the award counting (at least in part) against my salary I'm nearly back to living on mac & cheese! And I won't even mention the complications on the university's end I had to sort out to ensure I didn't lose my benefits! Good luck to others in the same boat! :)

Mo' money mo' problems!

Sorry, no sympathy from a guy who didn't get the PDF :P .. I'm sure it'll get sorted out.

Just checking if any successful applicants holding their PDFs outside of Canada have seen any signs of funds yet? I put Apr 1st as a start date, but haven't yet received anything. Although the PDF is certainly appreciated, I wish NSERC realized how difficult they made it for us. With the award counting (at least in part) against my salary I'm nearly back to living on mac & cheese! And I won't even mention the complications on the university's end I had to sort out to ensure I didn't lose my benefits! Good luck to others in the same boat! :)

I am a doctoral candidate. Just been informed by NSERC after my query abt wait-list candidate tht they have mailed me a letter to my address in Edmonton. Though I havent received it yet... I am hopeful tht it is the letter abt me getting NSERC schol..:). What do you all think? I will keep u updated..:)

PS: My wait-list rank was 3 in my committee (Electrical Engineering)

I am a doctoral candidate. Just been informed by NSERC after my query abt wait-list candidate tht they have mailed me a letter to my address in Edmonton. Though I havent received it yet... I am hopeful tht it is the letter abt me getting NSERC schol.. :). What do you all think? I will keep u updated.. :)

PS: My wait-list rank was 3 in my committee (Electrical Engineering)

I am sure you got it, Congrats :)

I was #2 on the Computing Sciences PDF waiting list, and just got the offer as a letter to my parents' house! (all other letters went to my own house)

Congrats, where do you live and how come they deliver mail in a weekend

I am at the U of A and also got my letter of upgrade today from PGSD-3 to CGSD-3. I am ecstatic since the upgrade is significant at the doctorate level! Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist/upgrades.

Just got notified that my PGS has been upgraded to CGS, mailed June 1st. Congrats to everyone getting out of the waitlist or who are getting upgrades!