english phd people have started to post results!!!

Just to clarify, I was the one to have posted the Northwestern, WashU, and MSU results. I did not apply to any of these programs, but candidates on other communities have started to notify, so I'm passing the word along.

Northwestern: phone interviews, scheduled for this weekend. Traditionally, Northwestern only accepts students that they interview. No wait list last year, probably none this year.

WashU: fly-in accepted student weekend the first week of March.  Comp Lit has also started to notify.

MSU: I'm reporting a friend's results. Her circumstances are unusual, and the notification is unofficial. I'd give it a few more weeks for the official notice.

It's not even February yet. You may not get notices until mid-March. It's time to relax and not think about it or you may lose it.

OK. Easier said than done. Which is why I'm here, right? None of the schools I've applied to have ever notified before mid-Feb. But I'm checking daily, right?

Yes, let's all relax. Yes. Relax. Yes.

OK. Easier said than done. Which is why I'm here, right? None of the schools I've applied to have ever notified before mid-Feb. But I'm checking daily, right?

That's me exactly! I start work at a magazine on Monday, hopefully that will distract me for a while. Or maybe I just won't do any work because I will be on this site all day... Uh oh.

I received a personalized email of offer (PhD English) from UNC Chapel Hill around 3 hours ago. Very happy :D . I am an international student with full scholarship already so I didn't apply for any funding. I heard that 17 people got in the PhD program. I wish everyone luck! Fingers crossed.

I received a personalized email of offer (PhD English) from UNC Chapel Hill around 3 hours ago. Very happy :D . I am an international student with full scholarship already so I didn't apply for any funding. I heard that 17 people got in the PhD program. I wish everyone luck! Fingers crossed.

Awesome! Congratualtions! UNC is definitely the "top reach" dream school on my list.

Does anyone know if UNC has a waitlist? I mean, i haven't received a rejection letter from UNC so I can still only hope for the best (a mere possibility).

Congrats!!! I just heard good news from Duke. I don't really know what to say right now.

I've noticed that at least two people have posted acceptances from University of Virginia on the main grad school acceptance site. I applied the UVA's PhD program in English but haven't heard anything yet--I'm wondering if this is tantamount to a rejection? Does anyone have more info about UVA and/or the subfields that these people have been accepted to?

Make sure, when you're searching for English results you search for Literature as well as English. I've noticed several people with rejections have entered their field as Lit. or Literature.

Sorry, no news on UVA. I'm waiting on them just like everyone else on this board, it seems.