0% Confidence of Acceptance

:rolleyes: Yes, loathing yourself and planning on 0/10 suicide is surely the way to get into your top-choices! I dunno; if I were you guys, I'd ask woolferine, hazelbite, and Mr. Grimwig about their board habits.

Haha my only secrets are 1) lurking this board lyke whoa and 2) drinking a lot of low quality booze while lurking (although be careful the time of day you do this because a DGS might call you when chugging said booze alone on a weekday evening. Um, not that this happened to me or anything).

Haha my only secrets are 1) lurking this board lyke whoa and 2) drinking a lot of low quality booze while lurking (although be careful the time of day you do this because a DGS might call you when chugging said booze alone on a weekday evening. Um, not that this happened to me or anything).

If Yale calls me tonight, they're getting drunk TripWillis. BTW, I'm PMing you.

Dibs on making next season's 0% Confidence of Acceptance thread. Judging by TripWillis' success it seems like a winning maneuver.

Just kidding, we all know Two Espressoes is 2013's TripWillis.

:rolleyes: Yes, loathing yourself and planning on 0/10 suicide is surely the way to get into your top-choices! I dunno; if I were you guys, I'd ask woolferine, hazelbite, and Mr. Grimwig about their board habits. Also, it seems like not having an avatar and having less than 15 posts is a good way to get into an Ivy. Just an observation.

I agree about Two Espressos' chances of success next year -- kid is gonna tear it up. He/she is like a junior and has expertise and interest in a million areas.

Woah, that's really high praise! And I probably don't deserve it, either. :wacko:

But thanks a lot, rawera and TripWillis! I didn't think anyone on these boards even knew me, haha.

I do hope to "tear it up" next fall though. I'm ready to kick some ass. ;)

Edited by Two Espressos

Woah, that's really high praise! And I probably don't deserve it, either. :wacko:

But thanks a lot, rawera and TripWillis! I didn't think anyone on these boards even knew me, haha.

I do hope to "tear it up" next fall though. I'm ready to kick some ass. ;)

Oh, yes. Two Espressos, you're for sure the next Trip! Can't wait to see you get accepted to the program of your dreams next fall. ;)

This is the best thing I've heard/read/whatever all day. Also, I'm drunk Grad Cafe-ing right now. So many updates since I've been gone!!! I can't keep away!

I don't know if anyone watches The Big Bang Theory, but with every (rejection) email I just imagine Sheldon popping up and saying BAZINGA

This. Yes.

One of my favorite shows on TV. It bums me out a little bit, though, because most of them have PhDs and I want one too.

I was refreshing the results board just now and realized something: I am not waiting on any more English programs to report, so my refreshing is just compulsive behavior at this point.

Yale Am Studies is the last one, and then I'm all done... what a relief.

Well today's good news (waitlist at UMinnesota, a school I'd love to attend) has now been tempered with a Columbia rejection (finally) and Cornell acceptances that don't include me.

Cash prizes should be awarded to anyone who survives this process without going mad.

Cash prizes should be awarded to anyone who survives this process without going mad.

Has anyone else on here been crippled by self-doubt and feelings of academic inadequacy in the past? Because this process is just about the worst thing you could prescribe for said people.

I started teaching high school 3 years ago and (this is going to sound worse than I intend it), I started to understand that I might be an intelligent person. Thank you, grad schools, for ensuring that that illusion crumbles.

Hmph.

Or, conversely, unstated reaction to said schools: "Why...why don't you love me...?" *sniff* Like they're emotionally distant parents causing serious psychological damage.

This. Also, this has been my unofficial theme song throughout this whole process. Or at least the chorus has been.