Notifications, anyone?

Lizzle

Breathe Barry, Breathe....

And try not to accost the mailperson! :D

(I say this, but my hands have been shaking all day.)

I know but for the past few weeks I have been insanely busy wrting my thesis and I just finished it last night and emailed it to my committee to look at before I defend and so they can come up with insanely impossible question (by department rules I have to allow them 18 days to review my thesis before i defend it). But now i get to just think about my applications such as the UT letter in the mail. Dont worry I am at school all day so I dont even know what my mailman/mailwomen looks like.

Sorry to the Stanford people feeling bad tonight!

Regarding Princeton--people have posted rejections and one a waitlist for cultural. I'm cultural too and haven't heard anything. I emailed the sec. on Mon. and no response. Any ideas? I probably shouldn't, but I've got my hopes up that it is positive...

Thanks Sachi, that makes me feel better! Although I will admit it's kind of a long shot with my GRE... but thanks for giving me some hope. Here's hoping my sanity will hold out until that letter gets here. Any idea what kind of envelope her acceptance came in? Is my desperation showing again? :oops:

(I am applying to forensic and bio-arch programs.)

No idea, sorry. But she's in a different area than you, so at least you I can reassure you that she didn't take your spot! And come on, GREs aren't the only thing that matter, you know that! =)

No idea, sorry. But she's in a different area than you, so at least you I can reassure you that she didn't take your spot! And come on, GREs aren't the only thing that matter, you know that! =)

What?? GREs don't matter?!? All that studying for nothing! jk :lol::lol: Actually that is true, at least in my dept. They really go more on transcripts, SOP and LOR. The LORs (or calls to advisors) play a major role. :wink:

Hey Dubya,

Any news ? I haven't heard anything. I hate how you can't check admin status online. I need to be able to check a site 400x a day!! As the rejections come in I am running out of sites to check! :cry:

The only school I've got an official rejection from so far (i.e. by mail, not phone or assumption) was one where one of my LOR writers had had the DGS as a graduate advisor himself. Hahaha, who needs connections?

Same thing happened to me. They gave me some lame excuse that they couldn't take international students this year ;)

Were you interviewed by any chance?

I chatted with the faculty on the phone in early feb and was at NYCEP's Darwin Conference so I spent some time chatting with a couple of the GW profs and grad students at the bar. It doesn't really make a difference to me now since I've already accepted an offer from my top choice program, but I was curious nonetheless. They've taken so long to make their offers so I was just wondering.

Finally got my Amherst rejection. They said I wasn't a good fit, which is a pile of dooky. At least I've known it was coming for a month or so.

*pit of despair nonetheless *

I thought mine would be in the mail today also, but nada. Probably tomorrow. :roll:

[

I chatted with the faculty on the phone in early feb and was at NYCEP's Darwin Conference so I spent some time chatting with a couple of the GW profs and grad students at the bar. It doesn't really make a difference to me now since I've already accepted an offer from my top choice program, but I was curious nonetheless. They've taken so long to make their offers so I was just wondering.

hey! i think we met! :)

where did you accept?

okay... I am officially going CRAZY. Who heard from WashU today who was a bioanth. Did you get the e-mail unsolicited or did you ask about your status? What is your sub-subfield in bioanth/ who was your prospective edvisor (if you don't mind me asking)? I am trying decifer what it means that I havn't heard anything at all, so your inside info will be extraordinarily helpful. As soon as I hear from them I can decide where I am going... so I am very anxious to recieve my news ;) THANK YOU.

I_heart_fieldwork said:
okay... I am officially going CRAZY. Who heard from WashU today who was a bioanth. Did you get the e-mail unsolicited or did you ask about your status? What is your sub-subfield in bioanth/ who was your prospective edvisor (if you don't mind me asking)? I am trying decifer what it means that I havn't heard anything at all, so your inside info will be extraordinarily helpful. As soon as I hear from them I can decide where I am going... so I am very anxious to recieve my news ;) THANK YOU.

Hey, that was me. I didn't get an official letter yet. I'm being pressured by one of the schools I was accepted into to decide within the next week! They told me to just start e-mailing or calling all the places I haven't heard from yet. So, that's what I did, and WashU was quick to reply that I was rejected. My subfield within bioanth is paleoanth. They know who's rejected, so I don't know why they aren't notifying us. So I guess my advice is just call or e-mail them to see what's up with your application status. Good luck!

Were you interviewed by any chance?

That was me as well. Again, I just e-mailed them to see what was up. I wasn't interviewed. Our letters should be in the mail pretty soon is what I gathered.

Well, the boards are awful quiet tonight. Hope that means people are out celebrating their acceptances instead of prowling the results page.

I think my wait (at least for admits) will be over by this weekend. From the posts, the remainder of my decisions should be arriving in the mail. I'll just be really happy when that whole part of the process is over. Wish I knew more on funding though.

All this waiting and hovering over the computer has led to a terrible snacking habit. I found a new snack...Chocolate Turtle Chex Mix! Also, I know the mailman will he happy because I practically attack the poor man for the mail everyday! :oops:

I_heart_fieldwork said:
THANKS Shelby!! I sent out an e-mail. Lets hope I hear back tomorrow! (I'm starting to think it will be bad news... but at least I'll know!)

I_heart_fieldwork

I hope you get into the WUSTL. It is a beautiful campus and there are tons of things to do in downtown STL. Alot that are free (and what struggling college person doesn't like free!)

Fingers double-crossed for you. ?

After all this mess, we should all go out for a drink. It sure would be nice to have a conversation with all of you. Think of the networking!

If we both end up at Oklahoma we may just be having that drink together!! :)