Financial Aid Notices

IvyHope

Ugh. Please note-

I received an email from my first choice school yesterday, reminding me that I need to fill out their financial aid information. They require their own financial aid application plus the FAFSA be completed before Feb 1., regardless of the status of my application. That doesn't leave much time, but I thought I'd note this here so that others can become aware that they should check out the status of their financial aid prospects at their various schools.

You guys need to come up with a PIN that's easier to remember. Like the zip code of where your parents lived when they were first married. Or first part of your grandmother's phone number or whatever. I didn't actually use one of those but something similar so it's fairly easy for me to remember from year to year.

You guys need to come up with a PIN that's easier to remember. Like the zip code of where your parents lived when they were first married. Or first part of your grandmother's phone number or whatever. I didn't actually use one of those but something similar so it's fairly easy for me to remember from year to year.

They made the pin for me.

Yeah I'm pretty much a klutz and will probably need to ask for a new pin each year...But my FAFSA is outta the way. IvyHope, I had a similar issue where the school need FINAID hella early. Thanks for the warning :)

I know, right? Because they don't really bother reminding you until a day or two ahead of time. What a pain!

Yeah, the financial aid thing is something you need to look up and keep up yourself. There is a rolling application process for federal aid (so if you didn't get your FAFSA done yesterday it's not the end of the world), but most schools have a deadline you should apply by to receive *maximum* consideration for aid. If you don't get your forms in by this date, you may not be considered for all aid available to grads at your institution. Check the dates for all schools to which you applied! Some are as early as Feb. 1, others as late as May 30. In my experience, get it done earlier = the better.

Hi,

My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question :)

I'm in the process of filling out the FAFSA, and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to send my Student Aid Report to all the schools I applied to right now, or if I submit those school codes once I've been accepted (fingers-crossed). None of my schools required completion of the FAFSA by a certain deadline (as far as I can tell).

Thanks in advance for the help and advice!

The scariest part of this, for me, has been this:

when i was filling out one of my schools separate financial aid apps, it asks about your oustanding student loans. There is a number to call, 18004fedaid, that tells you, over the phone, how much money you already owe the government. then, you have to pick up a pen and write that number down for someone else to read. a sobering telephone call, indeed, especially for a recent grad of a private university.