Reapplicant w/ unresponsive former LOR-writer

I applied to graduate school straight out of college with reasonable success, but decided to work for 2 years before reapplying this time around. The professor most relevant to my course of study (who provided me with a LOR the last time around) isn't responding to my heads-up about reapplying to graduate school and my request for approval to use him as a reference again.

I've sent him 3 emails over a 2-week period, but what would be a reasonable follow-up to this? Would giving him a phone call and/or showing up to his office hours (I live in the same city and know his office hours) be (in)appropriate?

Your thoughts and points of advice are much appreciated!

I don't think meeting with him in person would be inappropriate, but I would generally set up such a meeting via email. Still, professors are notorious for ignoring emails, so maybe going to office hours is the best approach. You can definitely pop in and ask to set up a meeting at a more convenient time for him, if necessary.

OK, apparently he's a gradcafe lurker, since he responded literally within minutes of me posting this, haha.

Just to provide background (maybe for other users), I hadn't consulted him to turn down my offer because it was a last-minute / unforeseen-circumstances sort of deal, but I have chatted with him a few times since, both randomly in the city and through work (I work at a related research group).

Thanks for your quick input, though. :)

Edited by greendiplomat