letters are rolling in

DJS508

Hi all,

So I was wondering what are your thoughts and emotions while your recommenders are writing you the letter of recommendation? Are you anxious that they may not say what you hope them to acknowledge within the form of their letter? Or maybe you think that they just keep saying to you that you were a great student, however, the way in which they will try to address your special talents in a written form may not resonate well their in-person comments?

Hi all,

So I was wondering what are your thoughts and emotions while your recommenders are writing you the letter of recommendation? Are you anxious that they may not say what you hope them to acknowledge within the form of their letter? Or maybe you think that they just keep saying to you that you were a great student, however, the way in which they will try to address your special talents in a written form may not resonate well their in-person comments?

I picked writers who can say great things about me; however, I am stressing out b/c it is the one part of my package of which I am not in total control. Thus, I am convinced that they will write something that makes places hate me.

My biggest concern with one of my LoRs has been that the one prof I asked from my junior year simply did not know me as well as the two from my senior year (he was a visiting prof from another uni, so I only had one semester to get to know him). I'm sort of relying upon the fact that he's from a big name uni to impress the adcoms. But I'm now terrified to apply to the uni where he teaches, simply because I have this nightmare the adcom will go to him and say "so what did you think of this student?" and he won't remember me anymore! I just keep having to reassure myself that yes, I spoke up frequently in his class, and spent several hours with him in office hours, and that he quite liked the papers I wrote for his class, and that I really did deserve the letter.