Poll - NSF and NDSEG

t_ruth

Did you apply for an NSF and/or NDSEG fellowship?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Did you apply for an NSF and/or NDSEG fellowship?

• I already have one.
    • Yes, and I'm sure I'll get it.
    • Yes, and I think I have a good shot.
    • Yes, but I would need a miracle to get it.
    • No, I didn't think I would get it.
    • No, what's that?

I am going to apply next year when I can get even better letters and some more research experience under my belt -- NSF at least.

For those of you in the sciences, the NDSEG is an amazing award. I would highly recommend applying!

I have been very successful in getting my students NSF awards. If you want some tips, please feel free to contact me privately :)

That goes for anyone, I am more than happy to help you with writing a successful application.

I have been very successful in getting my students NSF awards. If you want some tips, please feel free to contact me privately :)

That goes for anyone, I am more than happy to help you with writing a successful application.

that's a nice offer! maybe next year...I was just on my own this year. Did you apply yourself?

Not yet, my record ins't' strong enough yet. I've been trying to get that broader impacts essay strengthened with my time this year. Hopefully I will be able to really nail that part so I can win next year.

Not yet, my record ins't' strong enough yet. I've been trying to get that broader impacts essay strengthened with my time this year. Hopefully I will be able to really nail that part so I can win next year.

I found that was the easy part w/mine. I had the most trouble w/the actual proposal since I am so far removed from the academic world.

Really? So far most people didn't know what they were? Well, I guess that bodes well for those of us who did and put that we applied to them on our grad school applications (most of mine asked). Perhaps it will demonstrate a degree of motivation?