Finalist to interview for Doctoral Fellowship

Robusto

I have a question regarding the likelyhood of admission into a program when you make it to this stage. I received an email invite to interview for a Doctoral fellowship at my first choice in 2 weeks and I am curious if anyone has insight into what this typically means re: official admission.

Hmmm, does the program usually offer full funding to incoming students? And a fellowship is something different from a regular funding package (i.e., stipend)? I would think that if you are up for a fellowship then they thought you were an exceptional candidate, so that even if you don't get the award then you are likely to be admitted. But I'm not sure if that is a fair assumption so don't take my word for it... I would think that in such a case they would have indicated to you that you were accepted and that you were being considered for a fellowship.

I have a question regarding the likelyhood of admission into a program when you make it to this stage. I received an email invite to interview for a Doctoral fellowship at my first choice in 2 weeks and I am curious if anyone has insight into what this typically means re: official admission.

If they fund all of their students, then if you don't get the fellowship maybe it means you aren't admitted. You probably know more about this program than any of us do. Sounds like you're pretty close to being admitted.

You really varied your programs a bit, eh?

I sure did- since I have an interdisciplinary background (MA Communication and Leadership, BA Political Science, Presented at the APSA convention and some professional conventions as well) I knew my best chance would be to cast a wide net given the competitive nature of admissions