Is anyone else having technical trouble with Harvard?

lureynol

I though I finished and submitted my application to Harvard yesterday, only to discover that there's a second financial aid application - simple enough really, although I'm glad I submitted early.

Anyway, I finish that one and hit submit and it flashes me the error message "Please use the buttons provided to navigate through the system."

I've submitted a query to the Embark helpdesk, but I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

I also got an email, though it addresses uploading supplementary documents and not the financial aid section.

Did anyone get an email addressing the actual financial aid part?

Yeah, I got that exact same email. So very helpful.

Is anyone else having a problem with the app inspector on the fin aid form telling them they haven't answered questions ... when said questions are irrelevant to them?

It wanted me to fill out a third row of fellowships to which I'm applying. Weird.

Edited by gellert

Is anyone else having a problem with the app inspector on the fin aid form telling them they haven't answered questions ... when said questions are irrelevant to them?

It wanted me to fill out a third row of fellowships to which I'm applying. Weird.

Yeah, it gave me trouble over that as well. I just put in zeros.

I don't know what just happened, but I somehow got it submit.

I clicked on it, and it gave me the same error sign. I clicked on it again, and while it was loading, I clicked again. Somehow it worked. It was a delayed double click type of action.

Maybe it will work for everyone else, or maybe I got lucky somehow.

Gotta love technology.

I don't know what just happened, but I somehow got it submit.

I clicked on it, and it gave me the same error sign.  I clicked on it again, and while it was loading, I clicked again.  Somehow it worked.  It was a delayed double click type of action.

Maybe it will work for everyone else, or maybe I got lucky somehow.

Gotta love technology.

I just tried this and it worked for me!

...is it just me or the fact that we need this workaround really bloody sad?

Edited by lureynol

I just tried this and it worked for me!

...is it just me or the fact that we need this workaround really bloody sad?

Yay!!! I'm glad it worked.

And yes, it is rather sad that is what solved it. On the bright side, maybe our $105 application fee will help them fix the problem. ;)