Best SLP grad schools for least $$$

engrdad

• 2 months later...

I'm attending Valdosta State starting in the summer and this isa great school down south that with scholarships, will only cost $38 for tuition regardless of in-state/out-of-state!!! I heard it's a great program too, plus it's short. Only 5 semesters.

I don't understand the negative reputation points for this post. Are they not legitimate questions? Not everyone has money to burn. Some are in massive dept from undergrad and simply cannot afford the top $$ schools. Research shows that you do not have to attend a top $$ school to be a succesful SLP. So what gives?

As Jack Handey says "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes." ;)

I don't understand the negative reputation points for this post. Are they not legitimate questions? Not everyone has money to burn. Some are in massive dept from undergrad and simply cannot afford the top $$ schools. Research shows that you do not have to attend a top $$ school to be a succesful SLP. So what gives?

As Jack Handey says "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes." ;)

Don't worry about it. Trolls.

As for your actual question...I don't think there's a good answer for that. Just comes down to feeling out the schools and asking those questions during your visits as well as simply comparing tuition rates between schools. Lots of the same stuff as undergrad...in-state is less than out-of-state, public is less than private, etc. Just really a matter of seeing where the chips fall after you're admitted.

Also keep in mind that there may be outside sources of funding (i.e.: ASHA) but it takes some digging and the funding amount is small (as in, would pay for books for a semester or two).

Best of luck!

I think any (public) school where the state's laws make residency available to graduate students. I'm attending CU Boulder, and it's $26k for the first year, but I will get in-state after that: only $8k per year. Plus, since it's a pretty small program, they help you out a lot in giving their students TAs, work study jobs within the department, heads' up on a bunch of scholarships, etc.

And Boulder is beautiful.