Harvard statement of financial resources - how to submit?

wine in coffee cups

The department I am applying to at Harvard requires a statement of financial resources. This form doesn't seem to be available through the online application, though!

The Embark application just has a one page PDF with these "instructions" and no actual form:

This Statement of Financial Resources is required of all applicants to the Graduate School

except those applying to Astronomy; Biological Sciences in Dental Medicine; Biological Sciences in

Public Health; Biology: Medical Sciences; Biology, Molecular and Cellular; Biology, Organismic and

Evolutionary; Biophysics; Biostatistics; Business Economics; Chemical Biology; Chemical Physics;

Chemistry and Chemical Biology; Earth and Planetary Sciences; Organizational Behavior; Physics;

Statistics; Systems Biology; and applicants for the PhD in the School of Engineering and Applied

Sciences.

Financial support is the shared responsibility of the student and the Graduate School of Arts and

Sciences. Information provided on the Statement of Financial Resources will assist the Graduate

School in identifying potential sources of external and internal funding.

Note that Harvard À nancial aid is not available in certain master’s degree programs (see “Application

Instructions and Information”). If you are applying for À nancial aid, you should be able to

demonstrate sufÀ cient resources to support your graduate study.

If you have any questions completing the Statement of Financial Resources, please call between the

hours of 2 p.m. and 5 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, (617) 495-5396.

That's it. No links to anything anywhere. I did find a PDF copy of the statement of financial resources buried on the website beyond the reaches of Google here: http://www.gsas.harv...t_of_finres.pdf, but no instructions anywhere on how to submit this. My deadline is tomorrow at 5 pm, so I'm a bit panicked.

Anyone else struggling with the statement of financial resources, or am I missing something obvious? Will it magically appear after I submit the main application or something?

I did the application last year. It was a button on the left-hand column at the bottom that you could access at any time. It basically took you to a separate application just for finaid. I think this is what you're talking about and I can't imagine they'd change it up this year without being more instructive about it!

Thanks for the reply. That's certainly what I would have thought, but no links of that sort on the left hand side or on the bottom of any page, unfortunately. Left hand panel just has "Home", "Instructions", "Application Form", "Essays" (SoP, resume, writing sample, transcript, additional academic info), "Recommendations", "Application Inspector", "Payment", and "Submit Application".

Thanks for the reply. That's certainly what I would have thought, but no links of that sort on the left hand side or on the bottom of any page, unfortunately. Left hand panel just has "Home", "Instructions", "Application Form", "Essays" (SoP, resume, writing sample, transcript, additional academic info), "Recommendations", "Application Inspector", "Payment", and "Submit Application".

Go to Home in the left hand panel. Then go to the bottom of that 'Home' page. After the 7 numbered items you can click on "continue to financial aid". click on the title itself, and there you go... This will open a new form.

Good luck! I hope you'll get this message on time.

Thank you for the directions, really appreciate your help!

Actually, it turns out the Embark online form is misconfigured and intentionally won't display financial aid documents to people applying to my program. This is despite the fact the GSAS website specifically says it is required. I'm still trying to get some resolution on what to do about the statement of financial resources, but I did submit the rest of the application on time.