Japanese and Chinese programs

bellefast

No one seems to be talking about these programs. I am applying to 9 of these programs, I have an okay gpa, horrible gre, but I have an kick ass writing sample of 28 pgs, good statement of purpose, and good research experiences over the years in undergrad, and a good cv. Let's talk about it and lets support each other!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I'm also interested in where people are applying for Chinese studies. Since my area of interest in in Chinese Art and Architecture, I kinda straddle the Art History and EALC programs in different schools, but my top choice is definitely UPenn EALC. The other programs I applied to are all directly to Art and Architecture departments instead and don't really apply to this post so I won't list them here.

Cheers!

Ok, I am so late replying. I am into Japanese actually. For the post above. Have you heard anything from Upenn? Do you know when stuff goes out?

Edited by bellefast

Hey bellefast,

I met with some professors from Penn in November, but I haven't heard anything yet with regards to admissions. I was browsing the results survey from previous years and it seems that acceptances begin going out at the end of this month/beginning of February. What's your area of study in Japanese?

I am into Japanese language pedagogy. I am not sure if you know (not trying to insult your smarts but when I say that people are always like :blink: so I have to usually tell people what it is) what it is about. This focuses on the curriculum in Japanese textbooks, the development of language abilities in students, and teaching it to them. I hope to help create a textbook to help students learn the language better and faster. Later open a Japanese language school for English speakers. Big dream right?