OGS Status Update Anyone?

tomj

No, I did not get an e-mail. I will also note this must have literally happened in the last hour or so as I checked earlier today and there was nothing. The update is dated May 4 as well, which is a little weird

Damn... no dice.

Oh well, considering my funding package and prospective clawback, OGS would've complicated my life more than assisted this year.

But, yeah... Ow, my pride...

Congrats to the successful applicants!

Edited by surefire

Adjudication Completed - On Wait List

The Selection Board for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS) has completed the adjudication of candidate files for the 2012-2013 academic year. We regret that the Selection Board cannot recommend you for a scholarship in the first round of offers. However, your name has been placed on a wait list. Information is not available as to your rank on this wait list as it is not determined until such time a scholarship becomes available.

(This is, in a way, worse than being outright rejected, because instead of inflicting the pain quickly, it becomes long and drawn out. Few waitlisted people get a scholarship).

Now, before I go e-mailing and phoning people, does anybody know if the $10000 cap on other awards includes your internal funding package from your university?

No, only external awards. however, your university might claw back on your internal funding and only top-up your OGS. i.e. I was getting 19400$, with OGS I get 29400$ as they claw back the 5000$ portion provided by the university. Net gain is 10000$.

I wonder if there is a successful application, who yet experienced a delay in OGS status update for entering competition in the past? I remember my status was not updated until much later than others until I sent them a mail. Anyone? Sigh...

No, only external awards. however, your university might claw back on your internal funding and only top-up your OGS. i.e. I was getting 19400$, with OGS I get 29400$ as they claw back the 5000$ portion provided by the university. Net gain is 10000$.

Thanks for the information. Yes, they do reduce my internal funding, but I will still have a pretty huge net gain regardless.

I did not get an OGS which sucks as I got one last year. The news is only half bad though, as my wife got one.

Congrats to her and everyone else who was successful this year!!!

So sad.

Adjudication Completed - Unsuccessful Applicant

The Selection Board for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS) has completed the adjudication of candidate files for the 2012-2013 academic year. I regret to inform you that the Selection Board was unable to offer you a scholarship in 2012-2013.

Hey Everyone,

Under my current status, it is dated May 14 but only states that my app is submitted without any indication of whether I was successful or not or waitlisted. Anyone else experiencing this as well? FYI: I submitted a paper application...any thoughts?

PS. Congrats to all those who were successful and to those weren't - good-luck with your future prospects!

Hey Everyone,

Under my current status, it is dated May 14 but only states that my app is submitted without any indication of whether I was successful or not or waitlisted. Anyone else experiencing this as well? FYI: I submitted a paper application...any thoughts?

PS. Congrats to all those who were successful and to those weren't - good-luck with your future prospects!

Did you fill the application online using the OSAP Access Number?

On wait list for Aerospace,

Adjudication Completed - On Wait List

I was really hoping to get a yes or no answer, so I could continue planning for next year.

Maybe after NSERC results come out some people will decline OGS.

Did you fill the application online using the OSAP Access Number?

No, I didn't fill out an online application. Mmm... I guess I might have to wait until they start emailing...

Unsuccessful but I got the 3 year SSHRC. So funny how these committees work, though it's not the first time I hear of people getting a more expensive SSHRC and not getting the OGS. Date of status update was May 04, so basically they've had an answer for 10 days and are only releasing now?

PS: I got them both years for MA with not so great applications. I wonder if they're harder to get for phd or just weird luck.

Edited by electrochoc

In my case when I had the OGS it limited internal scholarships too up to 10k, it sucked because it mad eme ineligible for extra scholarships through the year too. TAships and RAships don't count, but the university said the internal awards counted towards the limit.

Edited by electrochoc

May 04, 2012 Adjudication Completed - On Wait List

The Selection Board for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS) has completed the adjudication of candidate files for the 2012-2013 academic year. We regret that the Selection Board cannot recommend you for a scholarship in the first round of offers. However, your name has been placed on a wait list. Information is not available as to your rank on this wait list as it is not determined until such time a scholarship becomes available.

A proportion of those who are successful in the competition will decline Ontario Graduate Scholarships for one reason or another. Scholarships made available by these cancellations will then be offered to applicants whose names are on the wait lists. It is only at this time that your ranking on the wait list is determined. Scholarships are offered up to and including December 2, 2012. Please note that this letter does not guarantee an offer of a scholarship.

Your dossier was thoroughly reviewed by a panel of three distinguished professors working independently.

The panel members' ratings and recommendations were forwarded to the Selection Board for consideration.

It is not possible to appeal the Selection Board's decision, as it is based on an interpretation of your academic qualifications. Appeals based on the grounds of an error in administrative procedures may be considered, but only where clearly documented substantive grounds are presented. Such an appeal must be submitted to the ministry within 30 days of the date of this letter.

We appreciate your interest in this competition, and wish you every success in your studies.

Mother Effer.

In my case when I had the OGS it limited internal scholarships too up to 10k, it sucked because it mad eme ineligible for extra scholarships through the year too. TAships and RAships don't count, but the university said the internal awards counted towards the limit.

I e-mailed my graduate awards office and they said "tuition top-ups" are exempt, so it sounds like my internal funding would not count. I just accepted the OGS and the acceptance form was very strange. It asked if you had other awards, and if I clicked yes, I was only able to fill in other awards OVER $10,000 but not those under. So then I was forced to click "no" in order to accept.