GRE Score Posting Times - Business Days or Calendar Days?

Eris

I'm waiting for my general test scores to post online. I took the test on December 29th and have a January 15th deadline, which is cutting it close, I know. I had originally spoken to an agent at ETS who said specifically that the 10-15 days was NOT 10-15 business days and the ETS website says this:

If you take the computer-based test, the View Scores Online service is available approximately 10 – 15 days after your test date.

I just spoke to a representative again today who said that the 10-15 days DOES mean business days, which poses a considerable problem.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Have you generally found that the 10-15 day period for the general GRE computer test tends to reflect business or calendar days?

Can somebody give your experience as to how long it took to get your scores? I would also really like to know.

Eris, are you worried that the school needs the actual report by the deadline? Or is it that you need to know the writing score so you can at least report it, assuming you saw your V and Q scores on the test day? If it is the latter, I would pay the $12 or $13 for the phone service. If it is the former, I would talk to the school with the Jan 15th about it. Most of my deadlines were before I even took the test since I had one hell of a time scheduling the GRE. I took it a few days after you did. I talked to all the schools beforehand and they were very understanding and just said to send in the scores and self-report them as soon as I could. Some schools may be hard-asses about it, but I was very surprised at how nice all of mine were!

Edited by rowlf

My scores still haven't posted online, but it shows that they were sent out January 11th, and I was able to get the score by phone on the 11th. Which is good because they had to be at the school by the 15th. With bells on.

Also, because I am self-admittedly a little crazed about this and have learned that when dealing with a bureaucracy of "trained representatives" sometimes you just have to call again and ask the same question until you get a better answer, I spoke to another representative (we'll call her Rep #3) who said that it is regular not business days and that the representative who told me otherwise was a fool and a scoundrel. (Well, perhaps she didn't SAY that, exactly, but her tone was trending in that direction.) I had asked Rep #2 to speak to a supervisor about it, and he said that he had, but in retrospect I think he just put the phone on mute and hummed a Justin Bieber song under his breath. Oh well. All's well that ends well. :)

The takeaway lesson here, children, is that it is regular and not business days and, also, that you should never take a representative at face value. Poll a few.

Thanks, everyone, for your help!

I got mine 18/19 calendar days later, not 15...i'm not sure how successfully they're sticking to their own deadlines, so probably better to assume business days to be safe! I had a panic because one of my deadlines was on the 15th day and when I took the test, I assumed that would be fine but I ended up needing to call the hotline so I would have scores to report on my application form - which luckily one of the ets customer service reps told me would have the results because I hadn't been aware.

Oh, yes, Rep #3 said that they won't always show up online within the 15 (calendar) days, but they will be sent out to your schools, and as soon as a date appears next to the schools on the score report page online it means the scores have been sent to them and that you can call the phone line if you need them for applications.

The 10-15 estimate assumes business days. I called ETS, and they said their policy was to post your scores online after 15 business days. I took the test 12/5/11 and received the scores online on 12/26/11 (after weekends and holidays it was exactly 15 business days ). I received scores in the mail two days later.

From my understanding, many people receive their scores via mail before they are even posted online. I called and paid the 12$ to hear my scores on 12/16/11. Totally worth it imho. Small price to pay to calm the nerves.

I called ETS to hear my AW score, started thinking about hearing a terrible score after paying the people who just gave me that score, and hung up when they asked me for my credit card information.

This is how many calendar days after the test date it took for various events:

Send the score reports to requested institutions... 8

First university to receive the report digitally......... 9

Receive the score report in the mail (NJ-->CA)..... 14

Scores posted online............................................ ??? Still haven't been posted.

Edited by rowlf

• 5 weeks later...

I took the test on Monday, Jan. 31. On Thurs, Feb.8 on the mygre.com website it said my scores were reported to the schools I requested that day. My scores were posted on mygre.com yesterday, Weds, Feb.15. I still haven't received my scores by mail.

• 4 years later...

AM desperate to know my score. Could someone please post the number I need to call on for the scores? I'm from India and have already called the ETS India helpline, but they said they wouldn't be able to tell me my score.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be calendar days, not business. I said this because yesterday was exactly only one week since I took the test, and my scores came in last night. If it was business days, then that would mean my scores came in within the first 5 days. It's still pretty early in terms of calendar days as well, but at least it's closer to the 10-15 day window usually given.

Edited by BFreeman03