just re-read my writing sample after i submitted it.......

Tr123456

As I understand it (a mere fellow applicant), committees are fairly forgiving about small errors. They aren't a reflection of your abilities as an intellectual, they're just human mistakes, and any sane reviewer is going to care more about the strength of your argument than whether you spelled argument "agruemnt". Even repeating a paragraph really isn't going to take you out of the running.

That said, if it makes you feel any better, I submitted a WS with the error "POSSIBLE (?)" in all caps to one program -__- I would be more upset about it, but when I think about it, I imagine the committee reading my paper aloud and then yelling "possible" in a bewildered tone, and it makes me laugh every single time.

It won't hurt to ask. I had to do that with U Toronto as well (but they're jerks who won't let you re-upload a writing sample because of their stupid system, grr :angry: ). It was before the deadline, which helped, but you can still ask even if it's after the deadline. After all, committees usually don't look at the applications for a few weeks after the deadline, and give leeway for things such as GRE scores and LORs. Either way, relax, and take a deep breadth; it'll be ok!

I am trying to avoid reading any of my application materials now that they are turned in because I am sure I made errors in some of the documents. I think the most important thing is to try to relax. Of course your application is important to you and it is stressful but it is submitted now. I am hopeful the the adcomm will be forgiving of small errors and look at the holistic application.

• 2 months later...

These things happen quite often. It happened to me once as well. Its nothing to worry about. Such small errors are often neglected or ignored. It probably will not be a problem.

• 1 month later...