Resume and statement have suddenly switched

Mh31

Hello I am new here, I hope this is posted in the right place.

I submitted my application to the Yale School of Art on the 3rd of January and have been checking my application since, and all the materials were fine. I checked again today and when I click 'Preview Application Proof' at the bottom of the page as usual it is showing a previous version of both my resume and statement.

I do not understand how this could happen considering that the correct resume and statement has been showing since I submitted my application.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm not sure what's going on.

If anyone could help i'd appreciate it.

Hey, have you resolved the problem? This thread made me paranoid and I have begun to check all of my applications.

Question: Are you looking at a PDF-saved version of your application or the proof shown in your browser? I think that Yale School of Art and U Chicago (a school I'm applying to) use the same application service and the proof seems fine in the browser, but when you click print to PDF, all hell breaks loose. Pages are out of order, entire sections of the form are missing...and it seems random. If I click to save as a PDF again, it chooses other sections of the application to mess around with. What the hell!

I sincerely hope that this is only a problem at our end, not at the department.

I think it might be an issue that can arise when you try to open up PDFs between Macs and PCs. It has happened to me a few times when I try to download PDFs from classes when the professor used PC. As long as it is correct on the application proof, I think they will realize the issue.

I think it might be an issue that can arise when you try to open up PDFs between Macs and PCs. It has happened to me a few times when I try to download PDFs from classes when the professor used PC. As long as it is correct on the application proof, I think they will realize the issue.

That is really weird, since the point of a PDF is to be universal and I've never had a problem transporting a PDF from a Mac to a PC or vice versa! But for the record, I'm on a Mac now and I bet everything at the departmental/grad admissions end is PC-based.

It can definitely happen. I've had some issues downloading a PDF, opening it when it was created on a Mac, and then opening it on a PC. It was a score and some pages were simply left off, weird margins, missing staves, etc... it sounds just like what you guys are talking about.

Hey, have you resolved the problem? This thread made me paranoid and I have begun to check all of my applications.

Question: Are you looking at a PDF-saved version of your application or the proof shown in your browser? I think that Yale School of Art and U Chicago (a school I'm applying to) use the same application service and the proof seems fine in the browser, but when you click print to PDF, all hell breaks loose. Pages are out of order, entire sections of the form are missing...and it seems random. If I click to save as a PDF again, it chooses other sections of the application to mess around with. What the hell!

I sincerely hope that this is only a problem at our end, not at the department.

I saw the problem when I was looking at the proof of my application in my browser. I called the school and explained the situation, they were very nice. I sent them the documents and they updated my file.

One thing I did notice however, is that the submission date changed to the date they updated my file. But when you click to view the application it says that it was received in time. They never mentioned that sending them the files would have a negative impact on my application, so I hope that my file isn't seen as late by the admission committee.

Another thing to get worked up about before hearing back from schools!

If your application is fine when you preview it in your browser, I wouldn't worry.