Lit, Rhet, Comp - Chat Thread

I'm trying desperately to forget the three digit area code for stanford. And also regretting that I didn't apply to Northwestern. What's one more school when you've got 15 already on your list?

EDIT: And it's now the 26th of January. We are in a realm in which it wouldn't be ridiculous to actually hear from schools.

Edited by WellSpring

It is NORTHWESTERN DAY!

(as in last year, today was Northwestern Day). We need to rush the "Chat Room" en masse when shit starts going down.

omgz you gave me a heart attack. Anyone heard yet? I'm desperate for Evanston omgz aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgghhhhh

There's a Northwestern admit up on the board. Whoever it is: CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just about to post the same thing. I'm glad someone got an early decision that was positive. Congrats!

...as much as I dislike waiting, this is better than applying! At least now we are delightfully out of control.

I believe this whole process tells us much about ourselves. For example, I am neurotic and an utter control freak, and find this excruciatingly more painful specifically because it is out of my control.

Just wanted to say that, as a person who's not applying until next fall, watching you all wait for these decisions is really exciting to me. No, I'm not a sadist or anything. It's just that I know it's crazy stressful, but you're at the verge of a major, life-changing event, and I think that's awesome/exciting. Keep it cool (as best you can) and remember to enjoy the interim -- if things work out, you'll never be back in this time/place in your life again! Savor friends/family/freetime (what little you might have) for now. Who knows, you might need to start planning a cross-country/Atlantic move pretty soon!

Apparently someone has gotten wait-listed at Yale! Good luck!

Well, it wasn't me, but I did notice it was a "waitlist/other" entry and the comment stated that Yale doesn't do interviews for the English PhD. I think this comment was left by a Yale hopeful who called the department asking about interviews and thought they would share their info/spare the Yale English Department similar calls from Grad Cafe readers.