EE Admissions Fall 2012

ece_mania

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone got admitted from Stanford yet?

Any admissions from Stanford or UCB?

Got an official notice from Stanford this morning (~10am). Seems all admissions notices will be by email, not by snail mail.

I was contacted end of January about the SGF, though.

Edited by linj

Applied to University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Michigan State University, and University of WIsconsin-Madison. I was accepted into UW-M with no funding and MSU has contacted me for a visit. Still waiting for Michigan, as that's where I really want to end up. Anybody heard from Ann Arbor yet?

I got an acceptance email from Harvard PhD EE last week tuesday

Do you mind posting your stats? Congrats on Harvard PhD acceptance.

Anyone else hear back from Harvard?

That's strange since they say the results are only sent my postal mail.

I got an email from my adviser that they chose for me, followed by an official email, and then I got the letter and package in the mail about a week later. My stats are:

BSEE - Top 15 school

GPA - 3.94 (Graduating in 3 years)

GRE - 590/800/5

Research - 1.5 years, no publications

Hope that helps. Good luck to everyone!

I got an email from my adviser that they chose for me, followed by an official email, and then I got the letter and package in the mail about a week later. My stats are:

BSEE - Top 15 school

GPA - 3.94 (Graduating in 3 years)

GRE - 590/800/5

Research - 1.5 years, no publications

Hope that helps. Good luck to everyone!

Are you a US Citizen? Did you perform your BSEE in the US? Did you just finish your undergrad only? If you don't mind telling us, what undergrad institution did you attend? Any other details? How were your recommendations? From research Professors?

Only reason why I ask is because I'm extremely intrigued by Harvard and their networks and connections and considering them, just not sure if I have a chance.

Are you a US Citizen? Did you perform your BSEE in the US? Did you just finish your undergrad only? If you don't mind telling us, what undergrad institution did you attend? Any other details? How were your recommendations? From research Professors?

Only reason why I ask is because I'm extremely intrigued by Harvard and their networks and connections and considering them, just not sure if I have a chance.

Yeah sure no problem. I'm a US citizen, and I attended USC for my undergrad (will only have done my undergrad). I believe my recommendations were good. I don't think they were extremely spectacular or mind blowing, but I'd like to believe they were really solid. One was from my research professor, and the other 2 were professors I had in classes. I hope that helps! Good luck!

A quick question for any of the EE Princeton admits. I received my rejection but am a little confused since the title of the email was "Your princeton admission." Out of curiositiy, what was the title of your guys' acceptance emails?

A quick question for any of the EE Princeton admits. I received my rejection but am a little confused since the title of the email was "Your princeton admission." Out of curiositiy, what was the title of your guys' acceptance emails?

It was titled the same.