Any recommendation for art school in LONDON?

creamypencil

Hi, I'm from the UK and also applying for MFA (although in US) and I've also applied to SVA. If I were to study in London I'd apply to almost all of those and also depending on what you want, you might want to think about Glasgow school of art MFA fine art practice? Glasgow is a great place to live and GSA has a great reputation. Good luck, maybe we'll end up on the same course!

@clarita - Do you happen to know more about the RA schools and their reputation in London? I noticed that they nominated Tracey Emin as their painting and drawing professor for this year and wanted to get a sense of how serious the program is. I also am a bit confused on how the academicians are included in the program and to what extent is their interaction with the students in the program.

Hi Paintcutter, I'm afraid I don't know enough to comment really, I know they are a respected school, I would expect that if you wanted to know more about how an artist like Emin might teach/tutor/lecture it would be best to contact them. I studied my BA outside of London and we had visiting lectures from artists from all areas as well as photography. Visiting artists also often led tutorials with students whose work related to their own work, so maybe its similar? Also depends what you mean by serious? I expect studying in the UK is very different from the US, which is why I've chosen to study in the US. I have a pretty limited knowledge of areas outside photography but the most successful people I know personally have gone on to study MFAs in RCA, Goldsmiths, GSA and the Slade. Sorry I can't be more help, I';ve been researching MFAs where you are rather than where I am!