Interview email response

chronicx

I received an email from a prof who I mentioned in my sop as a potential advisor, he wanted to set up an interview in person...he gave it to me on tues night,,I replied back but no response....wat do I do? Kinda nervous whether he changed his mind

I won't expect to get back to me on the same day. I would give at least 1 week time.

However, it also depends on the type of reply you gave. I am not sure what you wrote in the email. But if you responded politely showing ample flexibility, I won't worry.

Yes I thanked him for his consideration and would be pleasure to meet with him and discuss my intersts further....and asked time nd day of his convience

It's been 5 days...I am worried either he changed his mind or didn't receive my reply( email prob?)

Dear Professor so and so,

I wanted to take this opportunity to reaffirm my interest in the x program at y school and in meeting with you to discuss my research plans etc ...

(and have this as a forward above all the previous email correspondance so he can see it maybe?)

would wait a while longer before emailing though...

Edited by Helpplease123

Especially since, depending on the school, last week was probably the first week of classes. And if it's anything like here, it was an exceptionally busy week for all the faculty.

Give it a week, and then send a nice, non-pushy e-mail re-affirming your availability. Just say that you wanted to make sure the e-mail got through the last time.