Electrical Engineering- Stanford- Fall 2012 Admissions

chessmathter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have all the acceptance/rejection results been released or is there any lot left?

I think is similar to the MIT. All or almost all the acceptances have been released, and the rejections will come later (early March?).

I got accepted into the Masters program .

UGPA: 3.92

GRE : 168 Q 158 V W 4.0

4 publications (ISMRM conference abstracts) with 1 paper on the way.

3 years of research experience and good LORs. (2 from Professors who are Stanford graduates if that makes any difference).

And 3 years of Internship experience in software development at 3 different companies.

A little upset since I can't really go without funding and this is my dream school but I am not sure what else I could have done.

I got accepted into the Masters program .

UGPA: 3.92

GRE : 168 Q 158 V W 4.0

4 publications (ISMRM conference abstracts) with 1 paper on the way.

3 years of research experience and good LORs. (2 from Professors who are Stanford graduates if that makes any difference).

And 3 years of Internship experience in software development at 3 different companies.

A little upset since I can't really go without funding and this is my dream school but I am not sure what else I could have done.

wow! if this goes without funding, either your interest does not match with the department or stanford really has funding issues.

I don't know why aren't they sending me the email, the POI emailed me about 10 days ago(upon my asking) that I would be hearing back soon, and that he had personally reviewed my package, however the entire review process was not complete at that time...what do you guys think?Is there any hope left?

Received official admission email today. Awarded 3 quarter departmental fellowship. Had previously received unofficial acceptance over phone from POI.

Hi

Could you please give me some info about yourself. I just wanted to know what kind of student do they look for at Stanford.

mail me at kazemipour.a@gmail.com if you do not wish others to see.

Hi

Could you please give me some info about yourself. I just wanted to know what kind of student do they look for at Stanford.

mail me at kazemipour.a@gmail.com if you do not wish others to see.

I took a look at your resume, it is very unlikely that you get admitted. Remember they know only Sharif from Iran. I know you are the best in your school but it is not enough! Not being in Sharif is a curse that remains with you forever. In future this may change but not now. Apart from that your GPA is very low, remember people who get admitted from Sharif mostly have above 19 averages and also you lack publication. So totally it was wasting money for you to apply top 5 universities. I hope you get admitted at Michigan or Austin.

Good Luck

got in .... :)

When did you found out? Yesterday?

I'm still waiting my decision. Even if it's a rejection I want to know ASAP... and Stanford people don't pick up the phone :angry:

yupp, on 29th...

btw the stanford website lists 6th march as the deadline by which all decisions would be released...

there is still hope, at least till the end of this week... all the best :)

yupp, on 29th...

btw the stanford website lists 6th march as the deadline by which all decisions would be released...

Questions

1. At what time did you get the decision?

2. Did you apply for MS/Ph.D ? or terminal MS? (you got admission for MS right?)

Thanks!

yupp, on 29th...

And what is your GPA - GRE - TOEFL - any research? What is your undergraduate school? :)) THX!!

well I ended up applying for a terminal MS due to unexplicable circumstances (call it bad luck or sheer stupidity :P) even though my goal is a Phd.....the SOP was tailored for a PhD aswell...

i got it somtime around the evening...

hope that answers your questions :)

I have a question regarding admissions. If you applied for the PhD track and were offered MS admission, does this mean you are waitlisted for the PhD? If this is the case, what are the odds of being offered a PhD seat before April 15? There are bound to be PhD admits who are going to decline Stanford's offer and go else where. Right? Can someone please elaborate on this?

I have a question regarding admissions. If you applied for the PhD track and were offered MS admission, does this mean you are waitlisted for the PhD? If this is the case, what are the odds of being offered a PhD seat before April 15? There are bound to be PhD admits who are going to decline Stanford's offer and go else where. Right? Can someone please elaborate on this?

Hi!I applied stanford for EE phD program originally. But they gave me MS ad + phD waitlist (They mentioned in the e-mail that I can accept waitlist by April 15th.) on Feb. 27th.

I have talked to several phD students in Stanford to know the chance of getting a phD ad from waitlist. And they told me that this rarely happens. First, only those admitted to MIT or Berkerley may want to decline Stanford. Second, they do not rank students on waitlist in Stanford. That is to say, even if somebody else decline Stanford, who knows who will get AD from waitlist?

However, if you really want it, it is possible to get phD finally after ms in Stanford. You need to pass the qualification examination, and to find a professor, that's enought. One of the students I consulted has just transfered from ms to phD with RA.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

OK but there is no mention of funding for those who have been accepted to Ms program. I guess this means you have to pay the tuition during your Ms even if you plan to transfer to Phd.

Edited by nablaa