MIT TPP, Fall 2012: Applicants' observations?

hickorypants

To anyone who has applied to TPP for fall 2012: any idea when applicants are notified for interviews?

(i.e. I figure if an applicant doesn't received an notification to schedule an interview, his/her application hasn't made it through to the interview stage...)

From past forums, it looks like decisions are made in early-mid March...

Any other observations or thoughts on the process and/or the expected schedule?

Good luck to all :)

Edited by hickorypants

• 2 weeks later...

Even I heard back from Ed Ballo...he said that the results will be announced from Feb end...I am surprised there isn't any detailed thread on TPP...I guess it will be great to hear more from TPP applicants, their profiles, questions etc....Please post your profiles and make this thread more active folks... :)

• 3 weeks later...
Specially because I was so sure about myself that I only applied to the TPP.

Ha that's confidence! :)

Tbh I did the same. I've applied to TPP only in the US, and if that doesn't work out, I will be applying to a European university I quite fancy.

Edited by iandravid

How stressful!!!! I personally cannot do anything productive. I'm just killing the time, waiting for the results. Specially because I was so sure about myself that I only applied to the TPP. Now that I am antsy, I regret my decission....

haha...yeah...the wait is killing me too..and to make sure i dont go crazy, I am out on a travelling spree....i guess you too should try distracting yourself by travelling or doing something else that u enjoy doing ... :)

haha...yeah...the wait is killing me too..and to make sure i dont go crazy, I am out on a travelling spree....i guess you too should try distracting yourself by travelling or doing something else that u enjoy doing ... :)

That's a good idea. enjoy your trip :) I will go skiing tomorrow to relax a bit ;)

Edited by oceandeep85

Someone has already posted an acceptance. Lucky lucky. Are the emails individually sent or are they sent out all at once? (How am I supposed to go to sleep with all this anxiety??)

Edited by iandravid

Congrats mwmanutd88! What time did you get it may I ask?

Edit: And if you don't mind my asking, is it an individualized email or has it been automatically sent to all the accepted applicants? Is it too late? :S

Edited by iandravid

Quote: Offers are going out and will continue to go out until next Monday or Tuesday.  I thank you very much for your patience. Unquote.

Congrats, good lucks and let's kick ass in equal measures.

Quote: Offers are going out and will continue to go out until next Monday or Tuesday. I thank you very much for your patience. Unquote.

Congrats, good lucks and let's kick ass in equal measures.

Hi iandravid

Did you contact Ed regarding the final decisions? I did not hear from anyone until 2nd March and am now wondering whether I have been rejected? And regarding the quote- who said so...was it Ed? Thanks

ujs,,,