Civil Engineering 2009

centerline

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I registered just to post.

I applied to and was accepted to U Illinois UC, Virginia Tech, and UT Austin for an MS in Environmental Engineering. I currently attend Virginia Tech and know that the CEE Department has already had an open house for structures and the Environmental and Water Resources open house for admits is 2 weeks from now.

Good luck. I am still waiting on MIT.

I applied to Cornell, MIT, STANFORD, UCB, UCD, UIUC and got admitted to Cornell for the Phd program (hydrology and hydraulics). I will have an interview at UIUC on March.

Hi, for Cornell, did they mention anything on funding? I also get admitted to structural PhD.

It would be really helpful if you folks who've gotten admissions decisions could post your stats (GPA, GRE, research, etc) on the stickied thread at the top of the forum. Judging from all the "rate my chances" threads, I think a lot of people would like to know what it takes to get into the schools discussed in this thread.

I am an internacional applicant (from Peru), and at this time I've been admitted to UT Austin (no single word for financial aid yet) and Carnegie Mellon (12.5k tuition aid). I am pursuing a MS in Construction Engineering and Project Management. Still waiting for UC Berkeley and U Illinois at UC. In addition to the grad schools mentioned, I've applied to: Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Purdue, Michigan, Northwestern, Northeastern and University of Southern California. No word from them yet.

My profile:

GRE: 770Q, 430V, 3.5 AWA

TOEFL: 91 iBT

GPA: 14.8 (0-20), 8th out of 45 students.

1.5 years of work experience in the field.

1 Thesis research about Risk Management of Contruction Projects

Strong recommendations (1 from academic provost and 1 from university president, both were my teachers at undergraduate and are civil engineers)

My undergrad university is the best in the country.

I want to know more people applying to this program and their admission results!

I applied to the Stanford Civil Engineering department and was accepted. It's the perfect program for me, but unfortunately I received no funding. At $37k/yr, I don't know if it would be worth it to go there, especially since I recieved a very nice funding package from UT-Austin.

Lightyears which civil program did you apply to? and I am assuming you applied with aid correct? My housemate who applied without aid got her acceptance last week but I am still waiting for mine which was applied with aid. We both applied to the structural program.

I got accepted to UC Berkeley and UC San Diego for civil eng (structural)

Lightyears which civil program did you apply to? and I am assuming you applied with aid correct? My housemate who applied without aid got her acceptance last week but I am still waiting for mine which was applied with aid. We both applied to the structural program.

I got accepted to UC Berkeley and UC San Diego for civil eng (structural)

I applied to the Atmosphere/Energy program with aid. I sort of wish I would have applied to the PhD program since I'd likely stay for a PhD anyway... but I might not have been accepted then.

If you get in, maybe I'll see you March 20th. Good luck! :)

I applied to the Atmosphere/Energy program with aid. I sort of wish I would have applied to the PhD program since I'd likely stay for a PhD anyway... but I might not have been accepted then.

If you get in, maybe I'll see you March 20th. Good luck! :)

Open house is on the 20th and still no words from stanford... I am doubting my chances now :/

according to their admission website, Stanford's phd program is for candidates who already have a master degree, so if you don't then they will just admit you to the master program even if you applied for phd. well i am assuming that you don't have a master degree.

are you going to pay out of pocket? stanford's cost of living is almost 60k/yr.. That could seriously put me in debt...

Open house is on the 20th and still no words from stanford... I am doubting my chances now :/

according to their admission website, Stanford's phd program is for candidates who already have a master degree, so if you don't then they will just admit you to the master program even if you applied for phd. well i am assuming that you don't have a master degree.

are you going to pay out of pocket? stanford's cost of living is almost 60k/yr.. That could seriously put me in debt...

I'm sure the decisions will be going out soon. There are barely any entries in the results search... There would have to be more if they started giving acceptances.

I was under the impression that if you applied for a phd and you're admitted to the masters program, you still get funded.

If I decide to go there, I'll have to pay out of pocket. I've been working for a couple years, so I have some money saved up though.

I have applied to the following for an MS in Environmental Eng:

UIUC, Cornell, UT-Austin, Berkeley, Northwestern, MIT

Only MIT has yet to respond as of this post (March 10)

UIUC, UT, and Northwestern have all had visit weekends and Berkeley has invited me out on March 19th.

Has anyone heard of weekend visits for Cornell?

So far only Northwestern has contacted me about financial aid for attending their school. Has anyone else heard back about aid for masters at any of these universities?

Thanks