Financial Aid Forms...I had to pay $25 to submit to NYU?

Clou12

While waiting on the decisions, I realized I needed to fill out financial aid forms and totally forgot about checking NYU's process. I am a day late too. Oh well. So I sift through their wordy page and figure out where the form was and it led me to an external College Board site to fill out the actual form.

No Problem.

Until I had to pay $9 to use the form and $16 to submit to NYU!

When will this robbery end! I am a little upset with this nickel and dime process. :angry:

Maybe I should have posted this in the bank forum, but what have you guys been going through filing out financial aid forms? I never experienced anything like that before.

I am American, this is the form for graduate students for Steinhardt and the deadline was Feb.1.

I was told we only needed to complete the FAFSA by Feb 1 for Steinhardt, and that there wasn't an additional financial aid application. Are you talking about a specific scholarship or something?

US applicants to Steinhardt have to fill out the FAFSA. That's the only thing they have to do unless they are applying for certain specific fellowships. I'm not sure what this OP is talking about, but I don't see any form anywhere on the site. The fee you are talking about might be the application fee? Or maybe you filled out a form meant for continuing students?

I looked again and I must be wrong, it looks like it was for undergraduate financial aid. Well, there goes $25! Sorry for confusing anybody. That will teach me to do stuff late at night. Doh!

i'm assuming something like collegeboard won't refund your money... :mellow:

Oh man that would be nice! I am just going to accept it as a loss. I clicked through too many pages on NYU's site trying to figure out what I had to do for financial aid and obviously went to the general NYU financial aid page and not Steinhardt. Sheesh. My mind is not operating right. Sincere apologies to anyone that I had freaking out for a moment, you dont need that!